Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 jailbreak for 3GS users with Spirit JB?

Thanks

just tried it and worked like a charm for me, was able to get back to a custom 3.1.2, building custom 4.0 now so i will report back when complete, thanks to whomever created this...

Thanks

old bootrom, those are the only ones that will accept a custom firmware, if you have the new bootrom this will not work, btw, success in updating to custom 4.0, once again thanks to whomever got this working

Does this also preserves the unlock status of the phone?

Nice work! My other question. Is it going to screw up something like Spirit did and keep us out of future jailbreaks and unlocks released by the Dev Team?
    Last edited by rmathew_99; 2010-07-01 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

on the contrary, you will now be able to update to any custom firmware you want (assuming your phone supports it of course), and yes, this will preserve your unlock status since using custom firmware doesn't update the baseband

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

rmathew_99 (2010-07-01)

just dl the ios4 ispw and redsnow win 0.9.5b5-5 and got my 3g hooked up with a jailbroken iOS4

Ok guys, whoever came up with this work around, a BIG THANK YOU!!!! The process works Great. Very thankful!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    For some reason I have all of the stats that point to old bootrom (MB model, week 21, and 5.12.01 BB, but I have the new bootrom.
    None of that specifically points to old bootrom though. MB and baseband version doesn't mean anything and the week 21 could be of this year, 2010, meaning that it'd definitely be a new bootrom phone.

The only way to tell for absolute certain is to manually look at the iBoot version.

Nice too see that this is working though. I had my doubts at first though and thought, like a previous poster, that this was a scam and had a virus. But I'm glad to see I was mistaken.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

This work great for me I went straight from 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit to a custom 4.0 made with pawnage tool on my 3GS.

Worked like a charm for me too! I did get an error message when I was using snowbreeze to create the custom ispw's saying that my phone could not be jb'd but I was able to restore them anyway.

Receiving an error, Followed the instructions and only difference was i am using the spirit2pwn_r2.zip (seemed there was an update)
    When i do this: ./pwn_old_boot_r2.sh
    I get this error:
    [OK]IOServiceOpen: conn = 0x1407
    [FAIL] File not found: 'needservice.s518920x.img3', ABORTING!

Any ideas?

are you still in /tmp then you run the command? check to see if all of the files copied to your phone

Thanks

@akward silence

unless it's a refurb phone then week 21 is definitely a new bootrom phone since the 3GS didn't come out until June or July of 2009

they're there, I think i found my problem though... i used 4.0 custom firmware files and non 3.1.3 custom files...

Can I 'Undo' this by using 3.1.3 files or have i already overwritten some critical files in the tmp folder?

copy the files from the 3.1.3 image and rerun both commands, I would not reboot the phone in between just in case

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 51N7 View Post
    Receiving an error, Followed the instructions and only difference was i am using the spirit2pwn_r2.zip (seemed there was an update)
    I get this error:

Any ideas?
    Try the other file. I'm pretty sure it's not just an update, the one you have.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by 51N7 View Post
    I get this error:

Any ideas?
    I was using the wrong firmware version.. and i was able to copy over the 3.1.3 patched FW and then ran the commands and it completed successfully.

Also...
    Can i wait to upgrade to ios4 while having the modded tmp directory? I just realized some of the apps i have are not ios4 compatible and i would miss them greatly, but i dont want to restart my phone in the near future and it not boot..

Yes you can just run 3.1.3 until you are ready, the file copy is essentially changing your JB from spirit to snowbreeze.

Thats what i was thinking, but just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks

Worked like a charm, thank you so very much.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast