So this is what happened. I upgraded to the 4.0 because I was told it had a jailbreak. Found out it didnt for the 3GS and decided that I wanted to downgrade back to the 3.1.2 so that I could jailbreak. Now mind you I have been backing up at least 3 times a week all the way up until today when i decided to downgrade. I went back to 3.1.2 and then I tried to redsnow my phone for the jailbreak...unfortunately that left me without service..I'm assuming its because the 4.0 upgrade also updates to the lastest baseband. Silly me for not noticing right...right...so thats not really the problem. I was fine with staying at 4.0 and so I went back to restore from todays date and low and behold..it didnt have ANY of my back ups!!!! Last one was from may 6th!! I was livid I have tried to look over everything and can not figure out why my phone hasnt been backing up or keeping back ups for the last month or so. When itunes clearly said it was...but as soon as I did all the fiddling with my phone to upgrade and downgrade it wiped them all. Can anyone tell me why or if there is a way that I can get them back...because I backedup just as recent as earlier today!