Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone3G without Wallpaper?

Default iPhone3G without Wallpaper?
    Ok this might just sound stupid. But I don't want wallpapers. Just Multi Tasking. I've tried editing the plist to no avail but, in a speed comparison, running Winterboard wallpapers on a 3G vs Apple's wallpapers on a 3G, the Apple version is incredibly slow. At least for me. What am I running? That's even a better question! This is a straight from Pwnagetool restore. No fancy extensions or anything.

So, is there a way to enable multi tasking but NOT wallpapers? For the record, My iPhone is bricked after editing the plist so obviously I did something wrong Not sure where the =true is but, all i see is :

_com.apple.MobileSMS_com.apple.mobileca l_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos_ com.apple.mobileslideshow-Camera_com.apple.youtube_com.apple.stocks^com. apple.Maps_com.apple.weather_com.apple.mobilen otes“_defaultDisplayNameYUtilities°£_c om.apple.mobiletimer_com.apple.calculator_com. apple.VoiceMemos_com.apple.MobileStore_com.app le.AppStore_com.apple.Preferences°_com.apple. MobileAddressBook§ !"_com.apple.mobilephone_com.apple.mobilemail_ com.apple.mobilesafari_ com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayerfl$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>???B??E????J???N???????????^volume-buttons]ringer-switch_proximity-sensor_telephony-maximum-generationSmms\unified-ipod[device-name_stand-alone-contactsYbluetoothYtelephonyTwifi_delay-sleep-for-headset-click_gas-gauge-battery_international-settingsUarmv6^marketing-nameZopengles-1Ypeer-peer_applicationInstallationSsmsZmicrophone]accelerometer_location-services\multitasking_homescreen-wallpaper\still-cameraSgps  ViPhone  YiPhone 3G

Haha Ok call me a noob, it was a binary plist. Fixed it. Now to do some speed tests!
    Last edited by seraph85; 2010-06-27 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well I have some bad news for you.... This is taken from Apple Insider:

"Apple disabled support for some features in iOS 4 to shoehorn the new release into the processing constraints and memory footprint of the 2008 iPhone 3G and second generation iPod touch. When running on iPhone 3G, iOS 4 disables multitasking, background wallpapers, Bluetooth keyboard support, and a "data protection" feature."

Those were pretty much the only reasons I was upgrading to iOS4 on my 3G, because I plan to just buy the iPhone 4 in a few months anyway. Now not only do I not get any of those features, but my phone has become incredibly slow. There is pretty much no reason to upgrade to iOS4 right now. I'm going back to 3.1.3!

Yeah I would have to agree I feel like going back to 313 myself.
    After using iOS 4, no backgrounds, and I've enable multitasking - I think a better solution was just to use 313 with backgrounder + winterboard. It ran much faster on a 3G. Multitasking on a 3G is ok, but I constantly have to use SBSettings or something else to clear memory. If only it kept the last 3 or 4 apps "running" it would be nicer.

I have to be honest I'm a little disappointed by IOS4