Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Downgrading from iOS4.0 to 3.1.3

Default Iphone 3G Downgrading from iOS4.0 to 3.1.3
    Following this guide http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to...s-4-to-ios-313

I keep getting stuck at the part where after the error occurs, I can't proceed to this step

When it's finished, you'll likely receive an error message like the one above (error 1015) and your iPhone will boot up with a "Connect to iTunes" screen. This is where the utility you downloaded above, RecBoot, comes in handy. Open RecBoot, and click Exit Recovery Mode. In a few seconds, RecBoot should kick you out of plug-me-into-iTunes recovery mode and you'll boot right into your freshly downgraded 3.1.3.

Note: I used RecBoot in OS X, and from what I've read, the Windows version may have some peculiarities. First, you'll need .NET 4.0. Second, you may need to run the application in Compatibility mode if you're not running Windows XP (Right-click the EXE -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP). You'll also need to download libusb, which may also be peculiar on 64-bit systems. Read up on using RecBoot on Windows here.
    I'm using Win 7 64 ultimate and I have no luck after installing lib files, NET 4.0, iRecovery and RecBoot..

Not using any custom firmware nor have my profile saved onto Cydia SHSH server.

All I just want to do is downgrade to the official 3.1.3 firmware. Can anyone shed some light here ?
    Last edited by chiggah; 2010-06-26 at 02:01 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just curious, why do you want to downgrade?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

tryin to figure out how to downgrade to 3.12 as well...
    ios 4 for my 3g is really not worth it w/ the slowdowns and crashes... some ppl says its fine but if u google... a lot of ppl are experiencing a lot of issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used that guide but i downgraded my 3G to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 and used RecBoot to get it out of recovery mode.

After you download everything reboot your pc and everything should work or at least it did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_boss_816 View Post
    I used that guide but i downgraded my 3G to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 and used RecBoot to get it out of recovery mode.

After you download everything reboot your pc and everything should work or at least it did for me.
    are you using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ?

iOS4.0 is laggy for my 3G

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you just need to boot the phone after getting error 1015, see the instructions under Help! I should have listened and just left this for JB app devs! on this page: redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team] - you will need to do this on a mac.

I'll try it out. So rslite is a mac software and doesnt work on windows 7 64bit ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiggah View Post
    I'll try it out. So rslite is a mac software and doesnt work on windows 7 64bit ?
    Correct.

There's another tool, the firmware umbrella, that was just updated so it has the same function as the command you run from rslite. The program works on Windows so you might want to do it with that instead. You can find it here: The Firmware Umbrella

The option is called 'Kick Device Out of Recovery'.

Umbrella doesnt work for me

Cant reboot iphone, so restoring back to iOS4.0

Annoying as hell theres no software which reboots iphone properly

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can also just downgrade to 3.1.2 and boot with blackra1n. This will however also jailbreak (I think) and activate your device so you'll need to unlock with ultrasn0w afterwards.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiggah View Post
    are you using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ?

iOS4.0 is laggy for my 3G
    No just vista 34bit