Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS / 4.0

Default iPhone 3GS / 4.0
    Hey Guys,

I recently updated my iphone to the new 4.0 OS and hating every minute of it. With my current configs listed below am I able to downgrade back to what I had before 3.2?
    I have been trying with custom firmwares but I keep getting an error in DFU and Recovery Mode.

- Bootrom: 359.3
    - Model: MC137LL
    - 32GB

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

if you have your shsh's saved with cydia then you can go back to whichever firmware you choose (depending of course on which shsh's you have saved) here is a guide to help http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

I wonder why so many people are trying to downgrade :/

Quote Originally Posted by SeW800 View Post
    I wonder why so many people are trying to downgrade :/
    Good question. Can anyone tell me the advantages to upgrading a properly-jailbroken, hacktivated 3.1.12 3GS? Is battery life improved? Is it faster? Are you richer, thinner, more attractive to members of the opposite sex? Do you get automatic business class upgrades? As far as I can tell, the only advantages to 4.0 for 3GS owners are multitasking and folders, both of which we can do already. It seems the first few posts on the new sn0wbreeze indicate the process is erroring out, and I can't risk losing my unlock on my foreign 3GS. I spent too many months using it only as an iTouch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

i upgraded to 4.0 on my jailbroken 3gs, and i didnt like it...first off for some reason it disabled my data services, i couldnt send/receive pics...no internet on 3g and i couldnt get email anymore.

woulda much rather stayed with my jailbreak.. if you want 4.0 buy a new iphone which can take advantage of the new software... other than that stay with your jailbroken 3gs..

i fixed my problem with a new iphone 4 haha

I actually updated to 4.0 through itunes, so I no longer have Cydia. The whole purpose why I want to go back so I can install Cydia/Jailbreak on my iphone.
    I miss having the Installiouse on my iphone..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFoolya View Post
    I actually updated to 4.0 through itunes, so I no longer have Cydia. The whole purpose why I want to go back so I can install Cydia/Jailbreak on my iphone.
    I miss having the Installiouse on my iphone..
    intallous is qutie fun

Does anyone know jailbreak yet for the 3gs? I seen one for the 3G but not for the 3GS..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

3GS can be jailbroken if previously jailbroken on 3.1.2/3 and on old iBoot.

I have Bootrom: 359.3 but my Model is MC137LL. Can I still install an old OS?

Thanks

Does anyone know jailbreak yet for the 3gs? I seen one for the 3G but not for the 3GS..
    Go to rockyourphone.com. They have a jailbreak called spirit. It worked for my 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecked77 View Post
    Go to rockyourphone.com. They have a jailbreak called spirit. It worked for my 3GS.
    The only thing that sux about Sprint is you have to have had your phone jailbreak with ssh in order rollback to 3.2.
    I updated my OS through itunes so I can do that.

Thanks

The only thing that sux about Sprint is you have to have had your phone jailbreak with ssh in order rollback to 3.2.
    I updated my OS through itunes so I can do that.
    if you were previously jailbroken and clicked the "make my life easier" button in cydia then you can use the guide i linked to in my first post to get back to whichever firmware you have shsh's saved for and then jailbreak again, the reason you are getting errors trying to use a custom firmware is that you have to be jailbroken to use one