Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot restore iphone, iphone stuck on itunes & cable screen, please help

Default Cannot restore iphone, iphone stuck on itunes & cable screen, please help
    Hi,

Need some help please, My iphone is running 3.1.2 with modem firmware 05.11.07, I had done a tethered jailbreak/unlock using BlackRa1n, yesterday my iphone froze and restarted by iteself, I could'nt switch it back on again at work because i did not have a laptop to run BlackRa1n.

I got back home but just could'nt unfreeze my iphone, on running BlackRa1n the iphone freezes on GeoHotz face and does not reboot, BlackRa1n just loops, I thought my iphone OS has been totally corrupted, so tried doing a restore, itunes downloaded 3.1.3 displayed message "verifying iphone restore with apple" and gave me a "the iphone could not be restored, this device isn't eligible for the requested build" error message ? I downloaded 3.1.2, put iphone in DFU mode, tried restoring it, I get the same error message, as my SSH is not saved on cydia, changing host file settings to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com while restoring 3.1.2 did not help ?

What am I doing wrong here, somebody please help, I am stuck without a phone ? I thought itunes should've restored to 3.1.3 without a problem ? Thanks in advance for looking

Cheers
    Last edited by rudreshg; 2010-06-26 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks

without any shsh's saved in cydia then the only firmware you will be able to restore to is 4.0, no way around it, sorry

thanks for the reply, itunes asked if I wanted to update and restore, I clicked yes and it downloaded 3.1.3 ? how do I get it to download 4 ? can 4 be jailbroken and unlocked ? please help as it's my second day without a phone ?

Thanks
    You should be able to click on the check for upgrade button in iTunes while phone is plugged in.
    And as far as I know all 3G and 3GS phones on 4.0 are jailbreakable now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor35 View Post
    You should be able to click on the check for upgrade button in iTunes while phone is plugged in.
    And as far as I know all 3G and 3GS phones on 4.0 are jailbreakable now.
    Ya I wish I can do that but it says I need itunes 9.2 but I have iphone + Ipad spirit jailbroken which would get messed up with itunes 9.2

(I want to upgrade my ipod touch to ios 4)

i restored to 4.0, itunes installed baseband 5.13.04 on my 3GS, I am now stuffed, I understand a jailbreak solution is not available yet ?

No, but you you can still get a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 if you have SHSH blobs stored with Cydia by downgrading.

In the past, did you ever click the "make my life easier" link in Cydia? You should have. If you can't remember, download TinyUmbrella and check.

Follow what I wrote here: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5315739
    And then here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/716...ml#post5315783
    Last edited by JoeyChestnut; 2010-06-28 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyChestnut View Post
    No, but you you can still get a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 if you have SHSH blobs stored with Cydia by downgrading.

In the past, did you ever click the "make my life easier" link in Cydia? You should have. If you can't remember, download TinyUmbrella and check.

Follow what I wrote here: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5315739
    And then here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/716...ml#post5315783
    Thanks for the great post, followed your instructions

installed TinyUmbrella

used the advanced option, it couldnt find anything on the server for 3.1.2 but found two cached shsh files for 3.1.3, i found this strange as I had never updated the firmware to 3.1.3 because of the jailbreak and unlocking issues ? could I use this to downgrade to 3.1.3 and then upgrade back up to 4.0 ?

currently I have the following

ios 4.0
    bootrom 359.3.2 (new bootrom)
    baseband 5.13.04

Thanks in advance for your time, much appreciated