Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to Jailbreak Yet?

Default Anyway to Jailbreak Yet?
    ya so....i updated my iTunes to that 4.0...and lost my Jailbreak...

so is there anyway to Jailbreak the iPhone with the new update?

thanks

which iphone is it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just to try to clear up a bit of terminology:

The current version of iOS (your phone's operating system) current version is 4.0

The current version of iTunes (the software you use for syncing your phone to your computer) is 9.2

If you're doing a carrier unlock, there's also a baseband version, but I'm on AT&T, so I can't tell you much about unlocking.

Anyway, there's a list of known jailbreak apps (including ones for iOS4) here. Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there any jailbreak or anybody have a time frame on when it will be ready? It for a non jail-broken 3GS old boot rom.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n612ua View Post
    Is there any jailbreak or anybody have a time frame on when it will be ready? It for a non jail-broken 3GS old boot rom.
    I'm guessing that jailbreak apps don't have release schedules. It'll be ready when it's ready. How anxious are you to jailbreak?

I'm assuming you've already upgraded to iOS4? You could downgrade to an older OS, jailbreak that with whichever tool you prefer, then use PwnageTool 4.0.1 to upgrade that JB'd iOS 3.1.x to a JB'd iOS 4.0.

The link to downgrading to the old OS is great..however I cannot run notepad in admin mode,windows wont let me. Any ideas why not?