View Poll Results: Which iOS4 jailbreak app yields the best results?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • redsn0w

0 0%
  • PwnageTool

1 100.00%
  • sn0wbreeze

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G iOS4 Jailbreak satisfaction (redsn0w vs pwnage)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3G iOS4 Jailbreak satisfaction (redsn0w vs pwnage)
    I tried redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5.3 and everything during the jailbreak process went well, but once that was all done I felt like the phone was running too slowly, apps were failing to launch from the springboard, and battery usage seemed to be way up.

I restored to iOS4 pre-jailbreak, and things are running smoothly again, but now I see there's an update for redsn0w (beta 5.4) and there's also Pwnagetool 4.0.1.

The main thing fixed in redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5.4 is the iBooks app, so I wouldn't expect much better results in the overall performance of the jailbroken OS, but would Pwnagetool provide a substantially different enough OS kernel for it to work better?

What do you think? Have you had good experiences with one tool relative to the other? Or is it pretty much the same result regardless of your choice of jailbreak app?

Thanks

I would think using pwnagetool would be no different, both programs are developed by the dev team but I could be wrong, since the firmware is jailbroken before it even gets to your phone you might have better results

Better results with pwnagetool that is
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-26 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost