Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with previously jailbroken iPhone 3GS?

Default help with previously jailbroken iPhone 3GS?
    I did a jailbreak on my iPhone 3GS a while ago with resn0w and installed Cydia. I installed some apps through Cydia that did things like install extra information in my top toolbar (wifi and signal strength, bluetooth, etc) and also one that would open the camera with a double tap of the home button.

I noticed my phone started acting very buggy, so I un-jailbroke my phone by restoring to factory settings.

I noticed that some of the jailbroken software must be running still because the toolbar thing is still modified with the extra information.

I then upgraded my iPhone 3GS to OS 4.0. I really want to be able to use the multitasking feature, but even after taking cydia off the phone and unjailbreaking it, it still opens the camera with a double tap of the home button instead of doing the multitasking thing.

Can someone help me get my phone back to normal? Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm not a hacker type and I probably never should have messed with this stuff in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What do you mean by normal, are you talking about getting it jailbroken and unlock ? If that is the case, here are the followings
    When you said you have used Redsn0w before, then I assume you started at 3.0 or 3.0.1 and also has the old bootrom . Ok here is the deal.
    I am quite sure that you have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia.
    Point your hosts file to Saurik server and restore to 3.1.2. You will need to error out 1015 to get you out of this loop. Itunes 9.2 seems to crash all the tools needed to error this 1015. So you will either need to downgrade Itunes 9.2 to any version between 8.2 to 9.0. Only then you can use quickpwn 22 or irecovery to get you out. If you have a different computer that does not have itunes 9.1 or higher, you can run quickpwn22 to get out of recovery loop. Once you are out, you will be booted as normal into Emergency Screen.
    From emergency screen , you can use either Blackra1n or Redsn0w to jailbreak.
    Once done, create a custom firmware of iOS 4.0 either from pwnage tool 4.0.1 or SnowBreeze 1.6.1 and then restore to cfw iOS 4.0 you created on your Desktop.
    Once successfully restored , you can go and install Ultrasn0w to unlock.
    Now you are jailbroken and unlocked at iOS 4.0.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-26 at 06:46 AM.