Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 3GS w/3.1.2 - Can it be JB'd? (t-mobile)

Default New 3GS w/3.1.2 - Can it be JB'd? (t-mobile)
    I have acquired a brand new 3Gs in the box. When i turned it on, confirmed it had 3.1.2 on it.

Tried to JB it, and now I can only either get it into dfu mode or recovery mode. I can't get it to boot, so I can't confirm anything else as far as baseband, etc.

My question is, since I CAN get it into DFU, CAN I get this thing jailbroken or not? On top of that, I then need to unlock it for T-Mobile. Does anyone have a custom 3Gs firmware I can use or is this possible. I can't be the only one that's had this issue, can I?

I have a new 3G that I just did this for on Monday and it's working great(except the battery seems to drain fast). But the 3G and 3G S are not the same (I've learned).

Please, any help would be appreciated. I have the ability to use mac or win.

I used pwnage 3.5 to attempt JB. Both occasions (using a custom build for 3.1.2 and tried 3.1.3), i got the error message (trying to load custom file via itunes (alt "restore) "error 1600")
    Last edited by shawnubis; 2010-06-26 at 05:25 AM.

what did you use to jailbreak it?

Thanks

Unless you used spirit then you have a tethered jailbreak, it will show recovery (connect to iTunes) screen until you run whichever jailbreak program you used and tell it to "just boot"

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    Unless you used spirit then you have a tethered jailbreak, it will show recovery (connect to iTunes) screen until you run whichever jailbreak program you used and tell it to "just boot"
    The problem is that I cannot get it to do anything. No matter what firmware I try to jailbreak it with (using pwnage tool 3.5 with firmware 2.1_3.1.2 and 2.1_3.1.3), I get the dreaded error code 1611 or 1604 can't remmeber which.

I just need to know:
    1: which firmware should I be trying to put on the 3GS, given that it started out with 3.1.2
    2: if I allow iTunes to restore and update, will I be able to jailbreak a 3GS with 4.0 on it?

Thanks

do you know whether or not is the new or old bootrom 3gs, if it's the new bootrom then that is why you can not load a custom firmware (they don't accept them), your choices for jailbreaking 3.1.2 are blackra1n, redsn0w, or spirit, if you update to 4.0 then you will not be able to jailbreak it at this time

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

use ireb or irecovery to get it to boot...if you are on the old bootrom which you probably are with 3.1.2, then you can use pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze to upgrade and jailbreak to get it up to ios4 and unlock.