Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Down-grade

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Down-grade
    none of the other forums have helped me at all.... i want to downgrade my ios4 software on my iPhone 3G to 3.1.2..... can anyone help me with this?????? and also, will downgrading iTunes help with restoring the phone to the 3.1.2? i have the firmware file but when i try to restore it to 3.1.2 Apple doesnt recognize the firmware..... i am completely at a loss....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post
    none of the other forums have helped me at all.... i want to downgrade my ios4 software on my iPhone 3G to 3.1.2..... can anyone help me with this?????? and also, will downgrading iTunes help with restoring the phone to the 3.1.2? i have the firmware file but when i try to restore it to 3.1.2 Apple doesnt recognize the firmware..... i am completely at a loss....
    Did you put your Iphone in DFU mode for Itunes to recognize, it should work. Then do the normal downgrade and you won't be able to use quickpwn or ireb to get out of error 1015, you have to downgrade Itunes 9.2 to < 9.1 for the tools to work or you can use another pc to get you out of error 1015. Quite a bit of work to do to downgrade from OS 4.0 to 3.1.2

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

what is error 1015? and when i go to uninstall my iTunes, which i am on a windows computer, will all of my music be back on there when i go to install the downgraded iTunes??? i tried to downgrade while still having the new one installed but it wouldnt work..... and why would i have to go to a different computer??? im a little slower today than i am most other days, but i am trying to understand...... sorry about this....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You said you have ios 4.0, you must have itunes 9.2 to sync. If you downgrade to 3.1.2, you will get error 1015, u need tools to get you out of the loop. Being on itunes 9.2, these tools don't work. These tools will work only if you have itunes less than version 9.1. So you either downgrade itunes or use another computer that does not have itunes 9.1 or 9.2, get it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok i understand..... so, if i remove itunes right now and then i load the other one, will all of my music and stuff come back?

well now im getting an error message saying that iTunes library could not be opened because it was made by a newer version of iTunes..... do you know a way around that?
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-06-26 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had that problem too try to go to my music->itunes and save the Library.itl somewhere else and than after you downgrade you upgrade back to itunes 9.2 and copy the Lybrary back there .It worked fine for me!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i there a way to remove EVERYTHING iTunes and download a previous version? EVERYTHING making it as though i never had iTunes?

if you delete everything you`ll lose your back-up

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well damn.... apple should just allow you to pick what software you run..... this is complete bull----......

yep,that sux but the iPhone worths everything ))

yea im tryin to do this myself, so as long as i got the 3.12 firmware/dfu mode/older itunes it should be cake?
    ios4 is not worth the issues on my iphone right now. basic phone functions slow and/or crashing is ridiculous.