Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me either jailbreak or downgrade

Default Please help me either jailbreak or downgrade
    Hi..Im new Ive been trying to make sense of this all day but to no avail.

I was recently pointed to the direction of jailbreaking 4.0 with redsn0w IF my device was jailbroken which it was. Long story short i screwed it up, upgraded to 4.0 and now have an un jailbroken phone.

Ive been trying to downgrae to 3.1.3 all day by to no avail, this is what I have achieved

I have got 3.1.3 sitting on my desktop

I put my phone into DFU mode (black screen right?)
    Go to itunes and select the 3.1.3 firmware
    Wait for the error code 13904 i think and continue
    Next I was instructed to use a program called recboot to kick my phone out of recovery mode.

Heres the kicker, after I get the error mode my phone should boot to the connect to itunes scree, it doesnt so running the "recboot" program doesnt work.

Can anyone help please you all seem to know what you are on about. I however dont, so if you can could you keep it simple.

Thanks.

Anybody please? no?
    Last edited by glowy69; 2010-06-26 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i will assume you have a 3g iphone, are you trying to restore to a custom 3.1.3 or official 3.1.3?

Ive got a 3gs.

It was previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 and lets just say I screwed up the jailbreak for 4.0

So no Im left with a phone that is unjailbroken,on the official 4.0 and I would like to downgrade back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 I dont mind so I can do it again.
    Ive followed various guides but where I have to edit notepad..well I cant and I cant run it in admin mode either as windows wont let me.

Thanks

when you were on 3.1.2 did you save your shsh's in cydia, if so you can restore to that and re-jailbreak, if your shsh's were not saved (for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3) then you are stuck on 4.0, was your jailbreak on 3.1.2 tethered?

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    when you were on 3.1.2 did you save your shsh's in cydia, if so you can restore to that and re-jailbreak, if your shsh's were not saved (for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3) then you are stuck on 4.0, was your jailbreak on 3.1.2 tethered?
    I dont know what you mean if Im honest mate. Sorry. How would I know if I had done this, do I have to do something to save them?

I used blackra1n to jailbreak last time on 3.1.2.