Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make Phone work after jailbreak 4.0 ?

Default How to make Phone work after jailbreak 4.0 ?
    I've a used iphone 3GS, which I tried to upgrade from jailbroken 3.1.2 to jailbreak 4.0 yesterday following instructions here:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4L0ZMP_nzo]YouTube - How to Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 3GS IOS 4.0 (with WIndows PC or without Mac) Easy way[/ame]

Now, the phone is jailbroken for 4.0 now and the sim card is in the phone, but it is not taking any cell phone or wifi signal it seems. Is it locked and do I need to activate it ? if so, how do I do it ? Both iphone and sim card (AT&T) are used.

After jailbreaking, in iTunes, I chose "set it up as a new phone". How do I get the phone to work now ????

I have a similar problem, but I actually did have signal from AT&T for approximately 18 hours, made phone calls, used data, etc. I got on a plane for about an hour and when I turned on my phone after arriving at my destination I have the "no service" thing at top of phone. My phone was previously jailbroken and was at 3.1.3, with old bootrom and 04.26.08. I have ECID SHSH files saved for 3.1.3 with Cydia, but I have attempted to create custom and rejailbreak again, to no avail. Still no service. When I finally decided to downgrade to 3.1.3 with Cydia, I am not able to get the "Folder hosts can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its contents" message on my Mac. I am at a loss here on how to proceed, as I now appear to have a glorified Touch device. The phone was working fine on 4.0 when I originally created the custom ipsw firmware and installed.