Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help Me Downgrade From 3G 4.0 to 3.1.2

Default Please Help Me Downgrade From 3G 4.0 to 3.1.2
    Ive tried to research on my own and obviously I suck at it. I have a 3g I updated to 4.0 then Jailbroke it. It runs like crap and I want to be back on 3.1.2 but I cant find the firmware anywhere for (Windows) and even if I did I would know how to restore it. Please help me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here is the site where I get all of my firmwares since I jailbreak Idevices for friends and family.

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

And use Blackra1n as you might know to jailbreak it.

it is blackra1n working even though i have 05.13.04 baseband?
    Last edited by johnjustin; 2010-06-25 at 10:39 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i am also trying to downgrade..... i cant though.... i have two different firmwares downloading right now but they look like the same one that i was trying to downgrade with..... i think i am going to try downgrading iTunes and see what that does to help.....

stuck in a similar situation, I was able to downgrade, but it didn't solve any of my problems.

I'm not sure if there is an unlock for 05.13.04.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have blackra1n fixed and i also have spirit to jailbreak, i could care less about unlock seeing as how i am att..... i dont care if i go to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2, they are both the same just jailbreaking them is the different part...... i just want to downgrade so that i can wait untill a later time to upgrade to 4.0 when all the bugs are fixed and there is a simple jailbreak for it..... the 4.0 is messing with my sms and that is the only reason that i am downgrading......

well i downgraded using this

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ios-4-a-7.html

and it worked but when i was trying to Jailbreak it with balckra1n it was stuck on the black screen(DFU)
    i prevously jailbroken my device with blackra1n i mean when i had 3.1.2 but now it`s not working

Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post
    i have blackra1n fixed and i also have spirit to jailbreak, i could care less about unlock seeing as how i am att..... i dont care if i go to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2, they are both the same just jailbreaking them is the different part...... i just want to downgrade so that i can wait untill a later time to upgrade to 4.0 when all the bugs are fixed and there is a simple jailbreak for it..... the 4.0 is messing with my sms and that is the only reason that i am downgrading......
    if you jailbreak with Spirit it is very probable that you won`t be able to jailbreak your iOS4 in future

Quote Originally Posted by dallaspowers View Post
    Ive tried to research on my own and obviously I suck at it. I have a 3g I updated to 4.0 then Jailbroke it. It runs like crap and I want to be back on 3.1.2 but I cant find the firmware anywhere for (Windows) and even if I did I would know how to restore it. Please help me
    but hey did you try to not add the wallpaper for homescreen that`s what i was running and it was moving ok and you can keep the multi-tasking and Winterboard is working with ios4 so i think it is ok
    Last edited by johnjustin; 2010-06-25 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

At this point I dont care about JB I just want to downgrade. 4.0 runs like **** on my 3G. Please PM me help if you know how.