Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help-phone is bricked

Default Please help-phone is bricked
    I have a 3gs with a ecid on file with cydia that I sold. I tried to erase all contents and data but now the phone is stuck on the apple logo screen. I was on 3.0 and jailbroke it last year with blackrain or one of the earlier ones. My question is can I just upgrade the phone to 4.0 and then jailbreak it and unlock it? I just saw this Jailbreak iOS 4 with Sn0wbreeze [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie. Which says that I should be able to, but it doesn't mention that that it works if the phone is in my condition. It also says that I could unlock it with ultrasonw, is that true? There is a lot of info going around and it is confusing. Also, I am running the newest itunes, is that ok or do I have to downgrade? Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you want to preserve JB/Unlock upgrade using snowbreeze/pwnage. If you simply want stock iOS4 (due to official unlock/official carrier/no need for JB) just upgrade in itunes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

joeg679 (2010-06-25)

Thanks

You have to be currently jailbroken at 3.1.2 Or at 3.1.3 with anything but Spirit, to go to 4.0 jailbroken.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

joeg679 (2010-06-25)

It is jailbroken and not by spirit, but it is stuck in the power-cycle on the logo screen with the spinning wheel. Will, do you have a link to the jailbreak/unlock I can use? Thanks

can you put it in DFU? I think you should do some more reading before you jump ahead and JB your phone. It should work with sn0wbreeze but many people are having problems with it and it also could work with PwnageTool 4 but that might not work either. Make sure you know what you're doing first. Check out the Dev Team's blog and read a few more walkthroughs for the 3GS specifically because lots of options only work for the 3G

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thehumble1 For This Useful Post:

joeg679 (2010-06-25)

yes, I can put it in DFU mode.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeg679 View Post
    yes, I can put it in DFU mode.
    Create a custom firmware from either pwnage or snowbreeze and restore to it. Once restored you will be jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Everything will be fine. Don't panic
    You can just directly restore to iOS 4.0 created by either pwnage 4.01 or snowbreeze 1.6.1
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-25 at 10:43 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

joeg679 (2010-06-25)

If you can put it in DFU then use something to put it on 3.1.2 if you can. I don't think sn0wbreeze will let you jailbreak OS 4 on the 3GS. If you have the older bootrom, you might be able to. If you don't have to have it on iOS 4 then just go to 3.1.2 and don't mess around with 4 until they have a reliable unlock for it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thehumble1 For This Useful Post:

joeg679 (2010-06-25)

I don't mind having it on 3.1.2. Thanks guys. A friend is going to help me out with it in a few hours, if I have any problems, I'll be back here. Thanks again