Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help 3gs I cant jailbreak.

Default Please help 3gs I cant jailbreak.
    Long story short I got an offer to trade my unlocked 3g for a 3gs running ios 4.0. I figured all could be jailbroken/ unlocked so i did it. I've been looking for an answer for hours and am ready to give up. i've tried pwnage 4.o.1 and i don't have anything backed up on sauriks server since this wasn't my phone. Luckily i have a back up phone but would like to get this one working. heres my info.. thx in advance its greatly appreciated

3gs
    ios 4.0
    [iBoot-359.3
    modem firmware- 05.13.04
    model mb715LL

If no shsh blobs are saved to cydia then u can't downgrade back to 3.1.3 so ur out of luck.

that sucks..is it the baseband or bootrom? i'm just wondering what i need to look for. Also is there anyway i can tell if it was previously jailbroken with spirit? ive seen alot about not being able to jailbreak when spirit was previously used. thanks

na no way to check atleast of my knowledge. U can try to use new redsnow or snowbreeze to jailbreak to ios4 but if it doesn't work then your stuck on ios4 with no jailbreak and no unlock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

thor740 (2010-06-25)

ok. i hope it comes out soon. thanks for your help.

No problem.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can only jailbreak iOS4 if you can downgrade back to 3.1.2

To do this, the previous owner must have jailbroken and stored his SHSH files. If he hasn't, there's no way for you to jailbreak currently.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.