Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g with 4.0FW is drivin me nuts!

Default iphone 3g with 4.0FW is drivin me nuts!
    I updated my iphone 3g, with the new itunes for FW 4.0
    Followed Redsn0w's directions...but, at the end of the process, It's been getting stuck at "waiting for reboot"
    It seems to me that, it's not going through the DFU mode correctly.

Now you guys may say "you aren't doing DFU correctly"

i assure you that i am, because i have 2 iphones in hand and 1 of them has just been really cooperative with me. The one that works fine is coming from a 3.1.2/5.11.07

I'm thinking the one that isn't being correctly JB'd is coming from a 3.1.3/5.12.01 updated into the new 4.0FW and BB. would this be the source of all my problems? my main question is, if this is the source of the problem, is there anything i can do as of the moment to get this phone JB'd and Unlocked?

help is appreciated! <3

Thanks

I would not think that is what is causing the problem, try using a custom firmware created with either pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze (depending on your OS) and restore to 4.0 using that and see if you have better luck

I've also tried sn0wbreeze, no such luck either. The only option i have left is to use a Mac for Pwnage tool 4.0

I was having the same problem, and noticed that right at that time iTunes would pop open and try to access the iPhone. So what I've been doing (and this works for me every time) is right when iTunes loads, I close it out. I continue closing it until redsn0w finishes doing the update.

Itunes doesnt open up for me actually. But i still have no luck on this phone.

update: still nothing, I've used all kinds of windows pcs//macs.
    Redsn0w still still gets stuck at "waiting for reboot" and the phone still refused to go into DFU mode, it just stays off for some reason.

Tried using Pwnagetool 4.0, but the shift restore doesnt recognize the cooked FW.

Ive done just about everything to those phone except chuck it out the window. ;D.

JB: unsuccesful, Stuck at "waiting to reboot" it doesnt even get to the Redsn0w JB install.

End goal: JB and unlock to use for Tmobile.
    Last edited by iGatmad; 2010-07-21 at 12:16 AM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGatmad View Post
    update: still nothing, I've used all kinds of windows pcs//macs.
    Redsn0w still still gets stuck at "waiting for reboot" and the phone still refused to go into DFU mode, it just stays off for some reason.

Tried using Pwnagetool 4.0, but the shift restore doesnt recognize the cooked FW.

Ive done just about everything to those phone except chuck it out the window. ;D.

JB: unsuccesful, Stuck at "waiting to reboot" it doesnt even get to the Redsn0w JB install.

End goal: JB and unlock to use for Tmobile.
    When doing dfu mode try not letting go of the home button until the jailbreaking screen appears on your phone.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

yeah ive held it down before for 10 minutes, and also have just left it alone for at most an hour. Nothing.

Hmm, is it maybe because this iphone 3g 16gb thats runnin on 4.0, is a MC model? i thought MC models were only on ipod touches.
    Last edited by iGatmad; 2010-07-21 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok.... try this..... when you get stuck at that point whne it says waiting for reboot, try opening another and doing the same thing..... that is what i did.... i kept trying untill it jailbroke my 3g..... now mine runs fine and is not slow with wallpaper or multitasking...... just keep trying with multiple redsn0ws open and see what that does

yeah i've opened up to 10 redsn0ws, and all were stuck at "wait for reboot"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah i've opened up to 10 redsn0ws, and all were stuck at "wait for reboot"
    try downloading a different firmware...... but mine didnt work the first few times i tried.... but i now have mine jailbroken

Maybe i'd probably just have to wait for the next JB for 4.0 non beta?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Maybe i'd probably just have to wait for the next JB for 4.0 non beta?
    maybe..... sorry that i couldnt be any help to you