Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to ios4 ..weird?

Default Upgraded to ios4 ..weird?
    So I have a 3gs, recently (stupidly) upgraded to ios4. Restored it, and then I look at the phone and it stayed with the "Iblank" blank icons which is an app from Cydia, and also my custom carrier also remained. Not sure if something went wrong. Wondering if this or something similar happened to anyone else.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It happened to me too, I believe it comes from AptBackup restoring cydia. Just load iBlank and it can delete them.

If u have a previous jailbrake and upgrade to ios4 then u have to setup in iTunes as new device don't backup from previous savedbackup.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

Jesrox (2010-06-26)

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    If u have a previous jailbrake and upgrade to ios4 then u have to setup in iTunes as new device don't backup from previous savedbackup.
    Why do we need to do that? I went from 3.0 to 3.1.2 without setting up as a new device...

Well all of a sudden my data is not working. Spoke to At&t and Apple rep and it couldn't get fixed. Going to restore it as new device now -____-. I will check back and let you know what happens.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's always recommend that you "setup as new" instead of "restore from backup". Others will tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesrox View Post
    Well all of a sudden my data is not working. Spoke to At&t and Apple rep and it couldn't get fixed. Going to restore it as new device now -____-. I will check back and let you know what happens.
    Ok, restored it as new device now my data works.