Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs Spirit Jailbreak Install Loop

Default iPhone 3Gs Spirit Jailbreak Install Loop
    I've searched the wide vast tubes of the internet, the even wider tubes of ModMyI.com, and I cannot find a solution for this!

I had my iPhone replaced for cracks, receiving a replacement of 3.1.3 software on the new phone.

Now, I realize the sins I have committed, please forgive me! I jailbroke with spirit. Yes, Yes. I'm just a poor stupid teen... what can I say.

Anyways, I planned on selling my phone since i'll be buying iPhone 4 soon enough. So I decided that I'd update it to 4.0 to get it all wiped off, and thus making it saleable. I started the install, and the install ran to about 66% on the iPhone, and 95% on the iTunes window. I have iTunes 9.2 (Another HUGE mistake) and so far, it stalls out either way.

Downgrading to 3.1.3 wont happen, even with the replacement of the gs.apple.com in the hosts file, for some reason my blob whatever isn't there.

So, what should I do?

In review: Install bootloop, connect to itunes graphics. Cant upgrade or downgrade. I have itunes 9.2 on one computer, itunes 9.1 on another.

Any help would be oh so appreciated!

Default downgrade solution
    Quote Originally Posted by roundobi View Post
    I've searched the wide vast tubes of the internet, the even wider tubes of ModMyI.com, and I cannot find a solution for this!

I had my iPhone replaced for cracks, receiving a replacement of 3.1.3 software on the new phone.

Now, I realize the sins I have committed, please forgive me! I jailbroke with spirit. Yes, Yes. I'm just a poor stupid teen... what can I say.

Anyways, I planned on selling my phone since i'll be buying iPhone 4 soon enough. So I decided that I'd update it to 4.0 to get it all wiped off, and thus making it saleable. I started the install, and the install ran to about 66% on the iPhone, and 95% on the iTunes window. I have iTunes 9.2 (Another HUGE mistake) and so far, it stalls out either way.

Downgrading to 3.1.3 wont happen, even with the replacement of the gs.apple.com in the hosts file, for some reason my blob whatever isn't there.

So, what should I do?

In review: Install bootloop, connect to itunes graphics. Cant upgrade or downgrade. I have itunes 9.2 on one computer, itunes 9.1 on another.

Any help would be oh so appreciated!
    i had the same problem
    drove me crazy
    finally i uninstalled the itunes and all the files associated with itunes
    reinstalled 9.2 version mac
    and it worked

good luck hope it helps you

Yes alwAys uninstall iTunes don't upgrade over Previus iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please Let us know how things work our *Roundobi.
    I especially am interested in finding out whats happening.
    Similar issue and due to some blunders i'm wondering if I should just sell and get a new iphone4 as well....