Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Tell?

Default How Can I Tell?
    Which method I used to Jailbreak my iphone 12 months ago. Like a tit i've forgotten which method I used and i'd like to upgrade to OS4. Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help me.

well if you jailbroke with anything 12 months ago, you didn't use spirit (the only one incompatible, and was released with the iPad). So follow the directions for already pwned phones.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chrispy2005 View Post
    Which method I used to Jailbreak my iphone 12 months ago. Like a tit i've forgotten which method I used and i'd like to upgrade to OS4. Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help me.
    You're gunna have to re j/b anyways if you upgrade to 4.0. So I doubt it matters..

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    well if you jailbroke with anything 12 months ago, you didn't use spirit (the only one incompatible, and was released with the iPad). So follow the directions for already pwned phones.
    Awesome answer BTW
    Last edited by danfarmer; 2010-06-25 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Quote Originally Posted by danfarmer View Post
    You're gunna have to re j/b anyways if you upgrade to 4.0. So I doubt it matters..
    He has to use a custom firmware..

If he updates to 4.0 stock he'll be stuck without a jailbreak for a few days.

(assuming he's on a 3gs)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-25 at 12:38 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Yeah i'm on 3GS. Where can I get this custom firmware?