Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: experienced hacker is lost.... jeez

Default experienced hacker is lost.... jeez
    So I bought a 3GS iPhone on Craigslist the other day and i went to try and Jailbreak/unlock it today but now I see it has a passcode on it. So i figured I'd just restore it to 3.1.2 like the guy said it was on. But now I cant restore it on either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. Keeps telling me that the requested build is eneligible. Ive tried 9.1.1 and 9.2 itunes and still cant restore the iphone. I get error 1600 and 1601 if i try the restore in DFU mode. Any ideas or help???
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeh it would seem your SHSH is not saved. You'll have to go to 4.0 and live with no JB/Unlock for now.

U get that error because apple stopped signing any firmware below ios4. Only to dg back to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 was that u had to gave the phone jailbroken before and u had to save the shsh blobs to the cydia server. So sounds to me it wasn't done so your screwed.

If you're lucky, the previous owner jailbroke it and saved the SHSH on Saurik's server. In this case you just need to point your hosts file at his server and it'll allow you to downgrade. If you have not done this it is trying to talk to Apple and will always fail.

Modmyi posted a good tutorial on downgrading here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...e-ios-4-a.html

If you still get the same "ineligible" error after editing your hosts file, that means you do NOT have SHSH saved and you're unable to downgrade.

use irecovery to get it out of recovery mode, and call the seller for the passcode.

If the phone was jailbroken, you can restore to a custom 4.0 ipsw.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

Contradiction on the title huh? Lol just kiddin