Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n app deleted, no cydia

Default Blackra1n app deleted, no cydia
    Ok so I jailbroke and unlocked my 16GB 3GS FW 3.1.2 with blackra1n, but I for some unknown reason deleted the app before installing cydia. Therefore I cant install SSH. iPhone explorer does not recognize the phone as jailbroken and I cannot get root access. Is there anyway I can reinstall the blackra1n app or cydia independently? Re-running blackra1n doesnt reinstall the app. Im at a loss what to do. I dont want to install 3.1.3 as it will update the baseband and stop me unlocking and jailbreaking it again, so any help would be well received if anyone has any advice.....

Doc

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you have your shsh saved, restore to standard 3.1.2 and then JB again with Blackrain.

i unfortunately dont have my shsh saved. This is one of the problems. I fear Im going to have to update

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Do you have a tethered jailbreak (do you have to run blackra1n every time you turn on the phone)? If not, you can make a custom firmware with pwnagetool and restore to that. Custom firmwares skip SHSH signing so you can restore to any version you'd like.

By the way, updating the baseband is not the problem. All baseband versions can currently be unlocked. The problem is that you can't install 3.1.3 as it isn't being signed anymore.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.