Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 1.6 Jailbreak IOS4 error 1600??

Default Sn0wbreeze 1.6 Jailbreak IOS4 error 1600??
    I have tried a few times now to get it to work but I get a 1600 error every single time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you find a fix for it?

Phil

Sorry its sn0wbreeze 1.6.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What bootrom do you have ?

Its the latest from OS4.

Im able to Jailbreak and unlock with pwnagetool without any problems though.
    Its just restoring teh sn0wbreeze image thats giving me grief.
    Phil

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you have JB/Unlocked with Pwnage why are u are u running snowbreeze?

Just wanted to try it on my winblows machine and was curious if others were having the same problem.. Well that and Im ditching my Mac Pro and my Macbook Pro.

Now if only they could come out with a JB for my 3GS with OS4!!

Phil

Don't put the phone in DFU mode--restore from "Restore Mode".

Already tried that. Tried both DFU and restore, same result.

Phil

Yea ive been doing the same thing. Iphone is jailbroken with 3.1.3 I create sn0wbreeze firmware for iOS 4 and keep getting error 1600 in itunes on restore and dfu mode

If you have a mac try pwnagetool. If you dont have a mac, get vmware and DL an OS X vmware image and do it there.. pwnagetool worked great for me.

Phil

I've been having the 1600, 1604 errors too and have found a solution that works well.

Rather than putting the iPhone into restore or DFU mode, just shift-click the restore button while your iPhone is running. Now running iOS4

iReb doesn't support 3GS and that sucks. Both times ive been upgrading to iOS4 I get 1600 errors so I wanted to provide this solution. this has worked for me twice now and took me hella long to find it the second time, upgrading my 3GS to iOS4 and beating the 1600/1604 errors. It involves removing iTunes but it will keep all of you song and playlist data. Good Luck!

Unable To Restore iPhone – What Can You Do If You Are Unable To Restore iPhone

I have had this problem before and what I did was leave iPhone connected to pc and close iTunes with task manager and reopen iTunes and it will start over without any errors. Hope this helps