Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to sn0wbreeze, getting "error (2)"

"Yes, use a different computer that has itunes < 9.1 to get you out of the loop.
    Or you can use the method of by j3st3r to make Itunes not to crash quickpwn, then you can use the same computer to get you out of this loop. I am pretty sure, when you encounter error #2, you are already successfully jailbroken but just in a loop and can't get out because itunes = > 9.1 causes the crash.
    Try it and get back to us."

This doesn't make sense to me though because the error is occurring before the new firmware has begun to upload. The phone is essentially in a limbo state between the previous 3.1.2 jailbreak and where you want to be: 4.0 jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If the error #2 appears after restoring iphone firmware, almost till the end then it is in a recovery loop. But if the error occurs almost instantaneously right after you click restore, then it is not rec loop.

From my experience , when i was using cfw to restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, sometimes I do get error #2 ,#4, I was then using Itunes 8.2 and quickpwn would work. I ran quickpwn and follow the pop up box message, do the 15 sec count and additional 2 sec count,it got me out of the loop.

I sensed that Apple introduces itunes 9.1 and above that will cause ireb and quickpwn to crash and unknowingly that they are in a loop, and then panic resulting in restoring to stock apple firmware and become Screwed.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-25 at 04:36 AM.

Default add another to the list
    able to restore to 3.1.2 and iOS 4.0 official release...whenever i try to apply sn0wbreezed i0S 4.0 package i get the apple "snowflake" then standard apple with progress bar. bar never begins to fill and get unkown error (2) and phone reboots into infinite recovery mode...

guess i'm going back to 3.1.2 for a while

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asul1026 View Post
    able to restore to 3.1.2 and iOS 4.0 official release...whenever i try to apply sn0wbreezed i0S 4.0 package i get the apple "snowflake" then standard apple with progress bar. bar never begins to fill and get unkown error (2) and phone reboots into infinite recovery mode...

guess i'm going back to 3.1.2 for a while
    Do you have the new bootrom or old bootrom ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the same exact problem. Mine shows an error (2) before the firmware even starts loading.
    *3GS
    *Old bootrom
    *3.1.2 using redsn0w
    *accidentally updated before sn0wbreeze came out so I have 05.13.04 baseband

Reinstalled Itunes countless times. I was able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 but got an error 1015 and used QuickPwn22 and I'm back to 3.1.2 redsn0wed with ultrasnow to unlock. Just waiting for a fix or a sn0wbreeze that works

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codester3388 View Post
    I have the same exact problem. Mine shows an error (2) before the firmware even starts loading.
    *3GS
    *Old bootrom
    *3.1.2 using redsn0w
    *accidentally updated before sn0wbreeze came out so I have 05.13.04 baseband

Reinstalled Itunes countless times. I was able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 but got an error 1015 and used QuickPwn22 and I'm back to 3.1.2 redsn0wed with ultrasnow to unlock. Just waiting for a fix or a sn0wbreeze that works
    That is your problem, Redsn0w is not meant to jailbreak 3GS, you should use Blackra1n to jailbreak at 3.1.2 and then use the snowbreeze ipsw created to restore, then you won't have this issue.

Thanks

@yeow202

I have used this method on both vista ultimate 64 with iTunes 9.1 and on windows 7 ultimate 64 with iTunes 9.2 and it worked flawlessly on both, you might try using the "run in windows xp sp2" compatibility option but I didn't have to on either OS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    @yeow202

I have used this method on both vista ultimate 64 with iTunes 9.1 and on windows 7 ultimate 64 with iTunes 9.2 and it worked flawlessly on both, you might try using the "run in windows xp sp2" compatibility option but I didn't have to on either OS
    Mine too, I used Win 7 ultimate and restored to CFW iOS 4.0 made by SnowBreeze and no error , just straight up flawlessly and now I am at Snowed iOS 4.0 and unlocked with Ultrasn0w.
    I am just trying to help those guys, but they seem to give me info error #2, I just found out one guy, he was using Redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.2 and then use SnowBreeze.ipsw to restore. No wonder they are complaining that Snowbreeze is no good. Applying the wrong tool...eeeerrrr.

Thanks

From my understanding it shouldn't matter which tool (redsn0w or blackra1n) that you jailbreak 3.1.2 with, as long as your phone is able to accept custom firmwares then either will do the job, I may be wrong on that so don't quote me

Thanks

If they had used Redsn0w 0.8 when they were at 3.0 , then restoring to CFW iOS 4.0 is not a problem.
    But they jailbreak 3.1.2 with Redsn0w, what version can do that, I know people have done it but it is not a proper way and even the Dev Team did not recomend Redsn0w to jailbreak at 3.1.2 for 3GS.
    Anyway , this is all i can say to them.

Thanks

Here is a quote from ih8sn0w on Twitter about using snowbreeze
    @iH8sn0w:[email protected]*redsn0w*is*the*fastest*and *won't*remove*any*applications.

Redsn0w 0.9.2 for 3.1.2

from 3G unlock - official redsn0w devteam site

This release supports:

All iPhones and iPod touches (still a tethered-only JB for late-model devices though)
    Apple firmware 3.0 and 3.1.2
    Windows and Mac OSX (x86 only for now)
    It will also soon run on the PPC OSX, and Linux platforms.
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-25 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi,

I have iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 and with old bootrom. The phone was jail broken and unlocked using blackra1. I tried using sn0wbreeze but got error code 2.

Can someone post the link to download quickpwn to get my iphone out of this loop ?

Also, I do not understand how do we verify that it's out of loop? After it's out of loop, do I need to try downloading the custom ipsw image again or just go back to 3.1.2?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Here is a link MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    you will have the connect to iTunes image (with the emergency call on slider) when out of the loop

Here is a link MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    you will have the connect to iTunes image (with the emergency call on slider) when out of the loop
    Thanks for this info. So after it's out of loop, do I need to go back to 3.1.2 or try downloading the sn0wbreeze custom ipsw again? The error code 2..is it one time random thing or it'll come everytime I try to download the custom ios 4.0 sn0wbreeze version?

My model is MC135LL (iPhone 3GS)
    Bootrom is: 359.3 (NOT 359.3.2)
    Serial 3rd -5th digits: 939
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07

Thanks,

This how to get quickpwn to work in iTunes 9.1 or 9.2

3. Extract Quickpwn (free extractor) BUT DO NOT RUN IT. This is where it can get a bit tricky, so pay attention.

Navigate to:

32-bit windows: C: Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device Support

32-bit windows: C: Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleMobile Device Support

You should no see a whole lot of files and folders...good! Now right click and create a new folder called 'bin' (yes no caps, just bin). Drag everything you see in the Mobile Device Support folder into the bin folder. You should now only have a 'bin' folder in Mobile Device Support folder. Good! This was done so quickpwn can work with the latest iTunes versions (9+).

4. Run quickpwn. You should get a box saying something like 'your phone needs to be powered on, please hold the home button and sleepwake button for 15 seconds'. Just do what it says- EXACTLY. When you see the apple logo on your phone, press OK. A blue box will appear after, just press OK to that as well.

5. Your phone should now boot normally. when it does,CLOSE QUICKPWN, IT IS NOT USED TO JAILBREAK.[/COLOR]

6. This step is extremely important if you don't want to re-install iTunes! Remember that bin folder we made? yeah... iTunes wont work right until you undo what we did. So cut everything in the 'bin' folder you put in earlier, place everything back into the Mobile Device Support folder (where the bin folder is). After everything is back, DELETE the empty bin folder**. Itunes is not happy until the 'bin' gone too! You should now have everything back in the Mobile Device Support folder and there should be NO bin folder.
    Hi,

I tried above mentioned steps...still quickpwn crashes...this is sequence of events:
    - iPhone stuck at error 2. I see the itunes+cable logo.
    - I extract quickpwn
    - I do the moving files part into bin as mentioned above
    - itunes is closed
    - launch quickpwn
    - pops up a window saying : hold power + home for 15 seconds and then press power for 2 seconds
    - cable still connected to iphone
    - press home and power for 15 seconds...display goes blank
    - as soon as I press power button, I see apple logo immediately followed by itunes+cable logo
    - i press ok where I get blue dialog box
    - at same time itunes starts automatically somehow and quickpwn crashes.
    - no changes seen on phone screen..still see the itunes+cable logo

please help
    Last edited by netguru; 2010-06-25 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    That is your problem, Redsn0w is not meant to jailbreak 3GS, you should use Blackra1n to jailbreak at 3.1.2 and then use the snowbreeze ipsw created to restore, then you won't have this issue.
    Well I tried 3.1.2 with blackra1n and it showed the same error. I think it has something to do with ITunes 9.2. My other computer won't restore it to 4.0 because it comes up with an error 13 at the same spot as the (2) error pops up at. I give up until there is a fix.

Guys,

I do not think sn0wbreeze is ready yet. I tried so many times but always used to get error 2

Then I went ahead and generated the custom ipsw on a MAC using pwnage 4.01...and guess what..it works like a charm.

I just generated the customr ipsw on my friend's MAC..moved the file to my windows machine and restored using that file..

I would say....if ur having problems..just use a MAC or atleast use pwnage to generate the file.

Good luck guys.

my iphone is now jailbroken and unlocked.

I agree that sn0wbreeze is not yet ready.

I just restored using a custom IPSW made with pwnage tool, and it worked just fine. No "unexpected error occurred (2)".

Thanks all for the detailed attempts at help. It is very much appreciated.

At least in my case, I think the error is happening early in the process, before the firmware gets fully (or at all) installed so not sure if quickpwn is the answer.

Still couldn't get this to work. There's chatter on the ih8sn0w forums that comes to the same conclusion - use pwnage on Mac.

I concur with bridea, netguru and mael. There is something buggy in the software that is causing it to not generate usable .ipsw files for at least certain devices. Recovery tools accomplish nothing because it is not in a recoverable loop at the stage where the error is occurring. Itunes appears to simply be rejecting the firmware.

Ive been having the same error (2) problem as people posted here.

Another forum people are saying the file generated by sn0wbreeze is like 30MB less than the original file while the file made by PwnageTool is more than the original for the same 3GS jailbreak.

I'm in the process of downloading a custom firmware file made by PwnageTool and will try the same process I have been doing for the sn0wbreeze file.

Will report back what I find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast