Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock\restore problem

Default unlock\restore problem
    hello.
    i have iPhone 3gs version 3.1.2(saw in itunes).
    i try to unlock it and been told to download "spirit" i run it while my iPhone was connected and at the iphone screen the "hack" got to the middle and then the itunes start sync my iphone,so i press jailbreak again..
    now i try to restore my iphone and then unlock again,but my problem is that:
    when i want to restore the itunes want me to upgrade version.
    itunes identify me as 3.1.3 and want me to upgrade to 4 ,and i have been told dont to do that.
    and iTunes 9.1.1.12 identify me ok (as 3.1.2) but when finish to download the 3.1.3 version an error massage pop up ,something like :"your iPhone 'iPhone name' dont isnt eligible" and i dunno what to do.
    tyvm for help

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Im not sure I understand, which version of FW are you on now?

um i dunno what is Fw,ill try explain again:
    i want to restore my iphone,but i cant do that becuase i have been told dont upgrade to 4.0,and when i try to restore the itunes tells me that i must upgrade my version as well to 3.1.3,
    but when its finish to download the software i get a error pop up:your iphone isnt eligible to the build .

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That is because you dont have SHSH saved for 313. Try restoring to 312 and following THESE instructions to point itunes to saurik and see what happens.

If it still doesnt work you may have to stick with 312 and blackrain for now.

haa i dont understand anything from that link:S
    may you explain simply what to do please?