Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak news for 3gs users stuck on 3.1.3 new baseband

Default Jailbreak news for 3gs users stuck on 3.1.3 new baseband
    Hi all:

For all the people out there who have a 3gs device with new bootrom wondering how to Jailbreak - there's hope.

I just got mine Jailbroken today morning. It cost me the equivalent of $20 (in Mumbai, India)but was worth it considering I was sitting on a brand new device for more than 3 months now.

I was stuck on the emergency screen and tried everything from Spirit to Redsn0w to Tiny Umbrella and Ultrasn0w. What I did not have was access to an 02 SIM card - 'coz my phone was locked to that operator.

So moot point - if you are able to figure out the operator to which your 3gs is locked then as of today you can JB your phone using Spirit or Redsn0w. I went to a vendor who gets these things done in Mumbai but you can do it yourself if you have the above mentioned SIM card and are smart enough to follow the instructions on the various forums on the Web.

Hope this helps. Shoot me queries and shall be glad to help if possible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you sure it's jailbroken and not just activated?

My iphone 3gs upgraded to 3.1.3 stucked on emergency call screen, so can you provide me how you jailbroken it, because i don't know to which network my iphone is locked to. i bought it from ebay.(I stay in Banglore)