Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: oops I installed 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default oops I installed 4.0
    Hello I downloaded 4.0 on itunes but told it to download only or I am pretty sure I did. Anyhow how it installed on my phone. I had 3.1.3 installed jailbroken with spirit. I have searched youtube and google the only jailbreaks I see are for 4.0 beta or ones that were not done with spirit. Is there one out that will jailbreak 4.0 or will have to wait a few days?

Thanks mike

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It would help to know what kind of device you have. If you have a 3GS then you will need your 3.1.3 SHSH on file with Cydia in order to downgrade back then use Spirit again as there is no official jailbreak for the new bootrom 3GS yet. If you have a 3G you can use the newest redsn0w or sn0wbreeze 1.6 to jailbreak 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry I ment to put that I have a 3gs. I think it's old bootrom. The 3rd 4th an 5th numbersare 022 in the serial #. I do have my shsh on file. How do you downgrade? If you click shift restore on itunes I says I can't downgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n612ua View Post
    Sorry I ment to put that I have a 3gs. I think it's old bootrom. The 3rd 4th an 5th numbersare 022 in the serial #. I do have my shsh on file. How do you downgrade? If you click shift restore on itunes I says I can't downgrade.

You would need to point iTunes to saurik server. Check the downgrading forum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I clicked on that link. I have done everything it says. However iTunes still won't let me downgrade. Any ideas?

download the 3.1.3 firmware from here: Firmware - The iPhone Wiki to somewhere easy like your desktop or downloads folder. Once thats done open itunes and where it says restore on the main iphone page ctrl+click windows or option+click mac the restore button and then it should allow you to restore to the 3.1.3 firmware as far as I know it will work with any of the other firmwares...I assume no liability if you iPhone explodes...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Goig back into my host file it saved it as a text file. How do you open the hosts and enter that line and save it so that it's not a text document/ file?

DHolloran I just saw your post I will try that this afternoon. To do it that way does the phone need to be in DFU mode?

Thanks for the help so far everybody.
    Last edited by n612ua; 2010-06-25 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost