Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Add source problems, iOS4 JB 3Gs

Default Cydia Add source problems, iOS4 JB 3Gs
    Hey everyone, I am currently on iOS4 Jailbroken 3Gs. Yesterday my 3Gs was on 3.1.3 Jailbroken with spirit. I read on the Dev Team post that if you jailbroke 3.1.3 with spirit, do not use Pwnage tool. So I downgraded to 3.1.2 via Cydia SHSH's, then upgraded to 3.1.3 and jailbroke with pwnage tool, then upgraded to iOS 4 and jailbroke with the newest pwnage tool. When I try to add a source, cydia gets stuck at downloading package. I have waited a day and it does not go away. I have modem firmware 05.11.07 and its a model MC138LL.

Any help on the cydia problem? I cant add new sources because cydia gets stuck at downloading packages screen. When I restart my phone is the only time I can get away from the downloading packages screen. thanks!

Josh

What sources are you trying to add? Is it just one or have you tried more than one?

im having the same problem. tried, xsellize repo, sinfulrepo, few others same issue.

Im actually getting stuck after I click Add, nothing happens, Click it again and Cydia freezes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's probably a problematic repo. Download Cyfix GUI (it's in sinful iphone repo - use the computer version if you dont have sinful) pop in the offending repo. Click fix and off you go

I cant even add a repo. As soon as i go to manage/edit then you hit Add, I hit Add and Cydia locks up or does nothing- every time. its not a repo thing.

Thanks

So you've never added a repo?

If so, then you prob need to reinstall cydia, which device are you on? which os? do you have shsh saved?

I cant add repos since JB IOS4, i did prior. 3gs, IOS 4, shsh's saved for 3.0, 3.1, 3.12, 3.13

man i hope i dont need to redo that.. i couldnt restore after jailbreaking and have had to completely redo my phone and reallly dont want to again

oh btw JB via Snowbreeze this time
    Last edited by Neflheim; 2010-07-02 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmm....it may be the only way. Alternatively have you installed any apps recetly that maybe aren't ios4 compatible? Could you ssh to remove them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

Neflheim (2010-07-02)

hmm.. only one that doesnt work is Battery Control... i can try to remove it.. Cydia works great other then that.. just cant add a repo, doesnt even crash on me until I hit Add a second time. Very stragen.. anyway, thanks..will try and remove Bat Cont.

sorry for the Hijack (at least its related!)

---update---

removing Battery Control worked like a champ. Thanks man!
    Last edited by Neflheim; 2010-07-02 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks

I have become very used to checking the MMi compatibility list for apps before I install them, because I did an appbackup on iOS4 initially and bricked it, so I install stuff 1 by 1 and see what happens that way its easy to remove the culprit.

I am to having same problem