Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 upgrade spirit jailbroken iphone Need Help

Default iOS4 upgrade spirit jailbroken iphone Need Help
    (didn't know where this belonged so I decided to just put it in general)

Ok so I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs jailbroken using spirit. I want to update my itunes, upgrade my iphone to iOS4, and rejailbreak using the new iOS4 jailbreak sn0wBreeze. How would I go about doing that?

Here's what I know and why I'm asking this question:
    I cannot update my itunes to 9.2 while my iphone is jailbroken with spirit.
    Apparently I need the old bootrom to jailbreak iOS4 using sn0wbreeze.

Here's what I don't know:
    How to unjailbreak my iphone so I can update itunes and upgrade my iphone to iOS4.
    What bootrom does my iphone have?

(I had no idea spirit would cause so many problems when I used it this sucks...........)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you need to use redsn0w to jailbreak it.
    i remember i tried doing a spirit and redsn0w after ummm.. i got stuck in the apple logo start up lol sooo.. can u restore to your current firmware? do you have it backed up on SHSH or w.e its called?

I don't have it backed up on SHSH. I don't even know what that is lol. I'm pretty sure I can restore to my current firmware but I haven't checked.

Ok so I figured out which bootrom I have(new one) so jailbreaking is out of the question. So can someone just tell me how I would go about unjailbreaking it with something else so I can update to iOS4 and eventually jailbreak it with iOS4.
    Last edited by robertr1; 2010-06-24 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost