Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootrom identification help

Question Bootrom identification help
    I have an iPhone 3GS and it is in 3.0.1 firmware. I want to jailbreak and unlock it to the new 4.0 but when i read that it requires the old bootrom, i searched up information about it and was confused.

It said that an old bootrom had to have the 4th and 5th digit of the serial # equal to less than 40 and that the model did not start with MC.

When i read the info on my iPhone it said the 4th and 5th digit was ***30B***** and the Model was MC13***.

Does my iPhone qualify as an old bootrom or not? Help if you know the answer plz.

Thank you,

I'm in the same situation.. my 3GS 32GB has Serial Number ***35****** and the Model is MC137LL so, it's a yes or no for iOS4?

PS.
    Is the iOS4 really make the 3GS slower??
    please advise

Thank You

Thanks

both are old bootrom phones, if you aren't already jailbroken then you will need to jailbreak first, then if you have a mac create a custom 4.0 ipsw with pwnagetool and restore to that, if no mac then google and download one, make sure that it is created with pwnagetool, if you need an unlock (non official carrier) then make sure the 4.0 ipsw is activated... here is a guide to help you iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0] or this one http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-guides-...tool-os-x.html
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-26 at 12:06 PM.