Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3GS on 3.1.2, curious.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hmm, if it wont let you it's possible your SHSH is not saved. I did notice you mentioned you only saved your SHSH recently, how recently?

It is possible that you have saved SHSH for iOS4 and not 3.1.3. if you dont have it for 3.1.3. (or preferably 3.1.2.) then you cannot downgrade.

I thought you had these saved previously, if not then your only solution will be to restore to stock iOS4 and try to wait it out until a new JB is available for that.

Well no, a long time ago I did something in Cydia that said "make my life easier", so I'm assuming it saved the SHSH blobs. Then, before I even tried the new Sn0wbreeze jailbreak, I saved them manually again just this morning while I was on 3.1.2.

After that, I ran the Sn0wbreeze jailbreak, but probably selected the wrong firmware as I thought it just edited the main file and didn't create a new one (it in fact DOES create a new one). Then because of that, I tried downgrading to 3.1.2 so I could rejailbreak with Blackra1n, then try the upgrade once more. I got an error and it caused my phone to go into a recovery loop.

I restored the phone back to 4.0 to get rid of the recovery loop and then tried this page

Downgrade or Restore your iPhone 3GS Firmware using SHSH blob locally (Windows users) | MacHackPC

There's a section in that tutorial that shows you how to get your ECID number, and all that good stuff, and I assume it downloaded the blobs for me (even though I have them there). It all seemed to work great, but when I tried to downgrade again I got the same error and a recovery loop. I have no idea what's going on with this.

Thanks

Hmm....all I can say is try it again, if it lets you downgrade to any firmware 3.1.2. or 3.1.3. that is the firmware you have saved.

*sigh* I'm thinking I'm gonna have to just sit on OS4 and my friend will have to wait for a real Jailbreak for it.

Thanks

Yeh its a nuisance, have a cup of coffee, watch some tv then try again :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12