Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [3GS] 3.1.2 (7D11) MC136LL Jailbroken, What Route Should I Take?

Default [3GS] 3.1.2 (7D11) MC136LL Jailbroken, What Route Should I Take?
    Been too busy lately to keep myself updated on all the news. I see that there has been a lot of new ways to jailbreak.

Currently, my iphone has been jailbroken by blackra1n. If my phone dies or I restart, it requires to load blackra1n again. So how do I get out of this and what would you guys recommend?

This link should help answer your question Dev-Team Blog - foursome news other then that you might have to wait

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yakabod View Post
    Been too busy lately to keep myself updated on all the news. I see that there has been a lot of new ways to jailbreak.

Currently, my iphone has been jailbroken by blackra1n. If my phone dies or I restart, it requires to load blackra1n again. So how do I get out of this and what would you guys recommend?
    So you have the new bootrom, you can have an untethered jailbreak but currently there is no jailbreak on iOS 4.0 for new bootrom. So what do you intend to do. I can guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by yakabod View Post

On the front page when you open up cydia, can you tell me in Green colors, what shsh file is saved with Cydia.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-25 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have a 3GS 3.1.2 JB with blackra1n. have the 3.1.1/2/3 SHSH's on file
    MC135LL, and do have the old bootrom cause i can restart without blackra1n.

is there a program that will take me to 4.0 JB?

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD

Thanks

Depending on whether you have a mac or pc there are 2, pwnagetool (mac) and sn0wbreeze (pc), just create a custom 4.0 and option+restore (mac) or shift+restore (pc) in iTunes to the 4.0 you created and you will be on iOS 4 jailbroken

I bought this 3GS from someone which is already jailbroken, but how do I know which tool is jailbreaking it?
    Currently it's running on 3.1.2 have the 3.1.3 SHSH's in Cydia. It's MC132NF model with SN 86947xxxxxxxx. So i guess it's new bootrom? but I can restart without any problem. So, any luck for os4 for me?