Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 jailbreak

Default iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 jailbreak
    So I have my iPhone 3Gs (a hand me down from an iPhone 4 buyer basically), but I have T-Mobile. He upgraded to iOS4 and as this is my first iPhone, I decided to ask you guys for help. I know that both AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM so they should be compatible phones. I only have access to Windows computers, so I'll need something compatible with that. Here is what I have:

iPhone 3Gs
    Version: 4.0 (8A293)
    Baseband: 05.13.04

He factory reset and then activated the phone for me. What I want to know is:

Jailbreak iOS 4 On iPhone 3GS In Windows

This is the jailbreak guide I'm using. I'm in the process of downloading the custom firmware. He mentions that I should be using the iTunes 9.2 Beta on Windows, and as far as I know, the beta is only available on Macs, but the full version is available on both Mac and Windows. Should I just use the full version? I've read problems with 3.1.2 users using the new iTunes version, but it shouldn't be a problem for me since I already have iOS 4 right?

Thanks in advance. Following the jailbreak, I plan on using this guide to unlock it:

Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS iOS 4 With Ultrasn0w 0.93

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm new to this (clearly), so if I'm doing something completely wrong, feel free to point it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raiki View Post
    So I have my iPhone 3Gs (a hand me down from an iPhone 4 buyer basically), but I have T-Mobile. He upgraded to iOS4 and as this is my first iPhone, I decided to ask you guys for help. I know that both AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM so they should be compatible phones. I only have access to Windows computers, so I'll need something compatible with that. Here is what I have:

iPhone 3Gs
    Version: 4.0 (8A293)
    Baseband: 05.13.04

He factory reset and then activated the phone for me. What I want to know is:

Jailbreak iOS 4 On iPhone 3GS In Windows

This is the jailbreak guide I'm using. I'm in the process of downloading the custom firmware. He mentions that I should be using the iTunes 9.2 Beta on Windows, and as far as I know, the beta is only available on Macs, but the full version is available on both Mac and Windows. Should I just use the full version? I've read problems with 3.1.2 users using the new iTunes version, but it shouldn't be a problem for me since I already have iOS 4 right?

Thanks in advance. Following the jailbreak, I plan on using this guide to unlock it:

Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS iOS 4 With Ultrasn0w 0.93

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm new to this (clearly), so if I'm doing something completely wrong, feel free to point it out.
    You can't jailbreak at iOS 4.0 so you can't unlock it either because it needs to be jailbroken before you can unlock.
    If you have the new bootrom, you can't use custom firmware.

Thanks

I have a day 1 3gs with 3.12 using Geohots jailbreak. Is this method reliable and will it work with me?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You can't jailbreak at iOS 4.0 so you can't unlock it either because it needs to be jailbroken before you can unlock.
    If you have the new bootrom, you can't use custom firmware.
    Are you just reciting this? People are saying this has worked in the comments. It hasn't worked for some, but it's worked for a good amount of people too.

Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS for Windows