Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 for Apple Visit

Default Restoring Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 for Apple Visit
    Hi

I have a Iphone 3gs 32gb that has firmware 3.1.3 and baseband 05.12.01 that has been Jailbroken with Spirit and unlocked yesterday with Ultrasnow 0.93 for my T Mobile use. My Cydia says "This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone OS 3.1.3". I bought the phone off of someone on Craigslist and it is powering off while in sleep mode sometimes, which tells me a hardware issue? Does anyone have any solutions on what that could be. Otherwise, I will need to go to the Apple store for repair, and I will need to restore the phone to factory settings. If I restore, I don't want to get stuck on the Emergency Call screen and need an AT&T sim card to activate. What is the best way for me to restore so I can bring in to Apple? Also, will they give me a hard time repairing it if I am not an AT&T customer, but the phone is under warranty until November. Thanks for your help.

Ricky
    Last edited by Rickdog99; 2010-06-24 at 01:54 AM.

Most of the time the tech's just look over the jailbreak but if there going to repair it (usually they won't unless its a manufacturer defect) they will restore it any way so there for you will still be at the emergency activation so you could borrow a friends sim (that owns an AT&T phone) and activate it then do what you gotta do. This is what I would try I do not use the carrier unlock though and there might be an easier way

restore the phone. then reset all user data. resetting the user data is VERY important. as this is what you genius will see with his app as alot of jailbreak data is stored there. I did this about a month ago. the genius' app didnt see a shred of jailbroken data. closest thing he got was I had just restored. I got a new 32gb 3GS out of the deal which was sweet cause the back of mine looked like it had been dragged down the highway haha. only problem now is I got the new bootrom and cant jailbreak 4 I had SHSHs stored for every 3.x version on that old one but the freakin antenna was acting crazy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ehm....I dont see how if you restored your phone there would be a need to reset user data, unless your restored from a backup.