Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck waiting for 4.0 jb?

Default stuck waiting for 4.0 jb?
    HI,

I redsn0w'd my 3GS with a 3.0 OS and 4.26.08 firmware a while ago.. have hesitated to upgrade and didn't pay attn to the upgrade reminders in iTunes b/c i didn't want to break my tethering etc.. Well now I'm getting all the app upgrade complaints and want my words with friends for example! So I saw that blackra1n would be the way to go since i'm on windows, but i am not getting past the hurdle of first getting 3.1.2 restored on there first.

What I tried:
    1. Upgraded iTunes to 9.0.1.8 (seems to be recommended with 3.1.2 jailbreak?)
    2. Downloaded the ipsw file from blackra1n's page.
    3. Tried to shift-click on Restore and choose the 3.1.2 firmware file and it complained about not being compatible. Thought maybe it couldn't reach the signing server being behind my company firewall, but it's still bad here at the house.

So since i can't get to 3.1.2 at this point (nor 3.1.3-- only 4.0 is coming up in iTunes as available for upgrade) am I screwed waiting for a [stable] 4.0 jb??

I hope I've provided enough info that that maybe someone here can be of some assistance.

Thanks~
    Chris

I think i found my problem - Looks like i downloaded the iPhone1 version (3G) instead of iPhone2 (3GS).. Oooops.

I also found that this will probably be very helpful - Saurik's cache server
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) so I can upgrade and downgrade to different versions as desired! Beautiful!!!
    Last edited by relay23; 2010-06-24 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost