Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok I took my upgraded phone back to Apple....

Default Ok I took my upgraded phone back to Apple....
    So I took my upgraded OS 4 phone that I Jail broke with Spirit back to apple. (After cleaning it) I made up some BS and they gave me a new iphone with the old 3.1.3 os

Now I have a few questions.
    1. I need to restore my data all the data I have for backups was done with OS4, how can I recover that and is it even possible without upgrading to OS4?
    2. Once I restore my data what hack is the best for (untethered jailbreak) on this phone with the new bootrom?

Thanks for your help....

Ended up setting up my phone as a new phone and JB it with Spirit everything works great. What a relief...
    Last edited by PixelMonsters; 2010-06-24 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So you lied and screwed over Apple? Wow.

Hey, thats good stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

So you ignored all the posts saying to avoid if you are on the new bootrom and upgraded. Then was unhappy and traded it in.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Wow so what, I screwed a company that's screwing us. You guys are hypocrites.

Just for your info I didn't find this site until after I upgraded my iPhone. So no I didn't ignore anything, I just wasn't educated enough about all this JB crap. I simply didn't know... I have learned more from this site in two days than I ever wanted to know about my iPhone.

Anyways thanks for all your help minus the smart azz comments.
    Last edited by PixelMonsters; 2010-06-24 at 04:55 AM.

Im glad you've learned much on this site.

Now please read the forum rules, as we do not allow discussion of ANYTHING related to pirated/cracking/warez or otherwise thievery, hence the reason you get the response you did.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would you go back to 3.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Im glad you've learned much on this site.

Now please read the forum rules, as we do not allow discussion of ANYTHING related to pirated/cracking/warez or otherwise thievery, hence the reason you get the response you did.
    It's guys like you who crack me up. Long ago I founded and ran the 3rd largest P2P news forum in the world. Back before it was all illegal. I know whats right and whats wrong. I learned real quick how to walk a fine line, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS ARE DOING HERE! I certainly didn't do anything illegal maybe a little deceptive but certainly not wrong. Truth be told all I told the guy was the phone was running hot, and it was.

I like this site and for the most part I think the Staff and people here are great.

Look, Im trying to be nice, but Im not going to argue with you. We dont allow it, discuss it or like it......so drop it, or I can go the infraction route.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why would you go back to 3.1.3?
    Because I was running Spirit and I liked the freedom of installing any app I liked. Not to mention I run a large web design and hosting company so I needed some special apps.

I didn't want to wait for the new JB for the New IOS4 and my bootrom.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Look, Im trying to be nice, but Im not going to argue with you. We dont allow it, discuss it or like it......so drop it, or I can go the infraction route.
    Please forgive me but I have done nothing wrong here. This entire site is geared towards the Illegal hacking of the iphone or MODing it, hence the name of the site modmyi... lol Last time I checked that is illegal, right? yes it is. If you feel I have been un ethical in any way then feel free to give me an infraction. I will be sure to write a letter to the owner and point him to this thread that I have now copied. Please stop abusing your authority.
    Last edited by PixelMonsters; 2010-06-24 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixelMonsters View Post
    So I took my upgraded OS 4 phone that I Jail broke with Spirit back to apple. (After cleaning it) I made up some BS and they gave me a new iphone with the old 3.1.3 os

Now I have a few questions.
    1. I need to restore my data all the data I have for backups was done with OS4, how can I recover that and is it even possible without upgrading to OS4?
    2. Once I restore my data what hack is the best for (untethered jailbreak) on this phone with the new bootrom?

Thanks for your help....

Ended up setting up my phone as a new phone and JB it with Spirit everything works great. What a relief...
    you can restore your data without restoring by itunes and going to the iphone settings and do the reset all files and settings. then plug it in itunes.

doesnt spirit work for 3.1.3? its untethered?
    if its the new bootrom you have to wait i thought 3.1.3 had the old bootrom i guess not lol

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN523 View Post
    you can restore your data without restoring by itunes and going to the iphone settings and do the reset all files and settings. then plug it in itunes.

doesnt spirit work for 3.1.3? its untethered?
    if its the new bootrom you have to wait i thought 3.1.3 had the old bootrom i guess not lol
    I have the new bootrom and 3.1.3 and yes it worked great un tethered.

Please forgive me but I have done nothing wrong here. This entire site is geared towards the Illegal hacking of the iphone or MODing it, hence the name of the site modmyi... lol Last time I checked that is illegal, right? yes it is. If you feel I have been un ethical in any way then feel free to give me an infraction. I will be sure to write a letter to the owner and point him to this thread that I have now copied. Please stop abusing your authority.
    I see the issue, your confused.

jailbreaking is NOT ILLEGAL. Just because Apple says they dont like it, Apple doesnt make the law. And be my guest for speaking to the admins, explain to them you do not like their site rules.

Closed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is not illegal to jailbreak your device. Apple says it is but it is not enforcable by the law.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the new bootrom and 3.1.3 and yes it worked great un tethered.
    oh well nice! you got lucky... now I have to wait for a jailbreak for the iPhone 4:/ im stick... lol