Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I've reached the end of Jailbreaking now what?

Default I've reached the end of Jailbreaking now what?
    I'm getting really tired of jailbreaking, there so so many ways and so many things not to do it's driving me nuts. I have 2 Iphone 3G's and I'm trying to jailbreak and unlock tmobile for a friend. I've upgraded to 3.1.3 the baseband where everyone says you're SOL. How do I go about jailbreaking and unlocking the iphone 3g? A friend of mine told me to get ultrasnow 0.93 but I have to jailbreak first. The problem is, when I attempted a month ago, my phone got stuck to "connect to itunes" with the picture logo. How do I go about restoring everything back to normal, jail breaking and installing ultrasnow before I slam this phone on the wall?

Thanks

Restore through iTunes by using the 'shift+click' option in the restore menu, navigate to where your 3.1.3.ipsw is and there you go, unjailbroken 3.1.3 goodness

then jailbreak and unlock how you like, simples!
    If I've helped you remember to say

Can it be jailbroken? I keep seeing how we're SOL if we have the latest baseband.

Thanks

it can be jailbroken, if needs be just chillax for afew days till some more tools are released and confirmed working
    If I've helped you remember to say

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

All of your hair pulling is just about over. Give it a little more time and you will be enjoying the phones.

YAAAAAAA BOY!!!!! Jailbroken and unlocked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The key to having an unlocked and jailbroken phone is to stay educated about what's going on. You have been a member since July 2007 and have 11 posts. Even if you just spent 10 minutes a day reading over the stuff in the News section you'd know exactly what to do at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by ankido View Post
    YAAAAAAA BOY!!!!! Jailbroken and unlocked.
    what did you use to unlock it?
    I recently JBed a 3.1.3 but I was told that there was no unlock for it. The only thing I could do was install textfree unlimited and use it to text.

sailorboyheng

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ultrasn0w was updated to unlock all basebands. 3.1.3 and 4.0 can both be unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9.3

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Ultrasn0w was updated to unlock all basebands. 3.1.3 and 4.0 can both be unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9.3
    My phone was in DFU mode so I had restore. I used a 3.1.2 restore instead of the 3.1.3 which is what my phone was updated to. I used the latest Redsnow to jailbreak and installed ultrasnow. Everything worked smooth.