Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs on 3.1.3 cannot be restored (dfu or recovery) error 1604 and 1600. No spirit

Default iPhone 3gs on 3.1.3 cannot be restored (dfu or recovery) error 1604 and 1600. No spirit
    I bought an iPhone 3gs on 3.1.3, locked. I got home and found out that there is an unlock so I tried to Jailbreak. First I used spirit, and gave me an error (people told me the phone has to be activated). I tried restoring with a custom firmware, getting error 1604 on Recovery mode and error 1600 on DFU. Cannot restore to official firmware 3.1.3 (Not signed by apple on DFU, and 1604 on recovery mode). So I tried putting a friend's at&t sim card inorder to activate so I can use spirit, but when I put it in I am still stuck on the emergency screen, and on top it shows 0 bars. Rebooted but the same thing, and on iTunes it doesn't even mention activating it just goes straight to the main page of the phone. I tried everything possible, redsn0w (0.9.5-b3 and 0.9.4) say they can't find the firmware. My serial number is 86943QAA9NA.
    What now? I need to Jailbreak I can't think of anything else.

u must have the shsh blobs of 3.1.3 on cydia and redirect your itunes host file to the cydia server in order to downgrade or restore back to 3.1.3 because apple stopped signing that firmware..

Thanks

If you have the new bootrom you are out of luck until they release the next jailbreak.

I don't have the SHSH blobs is the only way to get it through cydia? is there a way to get them now? I have another 3GS handy can I use the blobs from that iPhone(stupid question but is it possible?) Is there no way possible to get through? and what about the activation thing is there any way through it?

I read up on it,
    there is a way to figure out your shsh
    then you run something called umbrella i think on your computer
    point your hosts file to your local computer (127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com) there may be a port for "umbrella" too.
    and you can restore to 3.1.3

The Firmware Umbrella

Before Jailbreaking, Extract iPhone’s SHSH Blobs Using Umbrella [How To] | Cult of Mac

How to backup your SHSH blobs | All on the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad

Thanks

You can only get your SHSH files from umbrella if the firmware is still being signed by Apple. Only the current firmware (4.0) is currently being signed by Apple.

Thanks

you could reroute to Sauriks Signing Server and then you shoule be able to umbrella the SHSH's
    If I've helped you remember to say

Thanks

Saurik can't sign anything that Apple isn't signing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just a thought (I may have missed something) but you haven't actually upgraded to iOS4 yet have you? Also are you now into the iphone main screen? (i.e. not on the 'connect to itunes' screen) just without service?

If the aforementioned are true, try this:

1) Ensure you are running iTunes 9.1.1 (NOT 9.2)
    2) Try to jailbreak with spirit, what happens?
    3) If JB is successful, connect to a wifi network
    4) Unlock using new ultrasnow ensuring you are using the correct repo
    5) Reboot with an unofficial sim in there

Let me know where u get stuck.

I may be wrong here but you dont actually mention at any point which version of iTunes you are using. You may be using 9.2 which is why spirit will not working.

I am not using 9.2, I am using 9.03 (something like that.) I can easily get out of recovery mode and everything but I am stuck on the emergency call screen even if I put the at&t sim card and it just goes to the sync menu on itunes... doesn't even mention activation... i am still on 3.1.3.. should i try your method now?

Thanks

Yes, but upgrade to iTunes 9.1.1 first. Spirit was made for that.

nope not working on 9.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You can only get your SHSH files from umbrella if the firmware is still being signed by Apple. Only the current firmware (4.0) is currently being signed by Apple.
    i didn't know that.. thanks for letting me know.. i have 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 on cydia, so i guess i shouldn't worry too much.. but i figured it worked off of an algorithm or something that could be figured out from the ECID or whatever it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by datfk View Post
    nope not working on 9.1.1
    Hmm....have you tried to get your hands on an official SIM for your phone purely for activation purposes (I dont think it's activated yet), ebay it or whatever.

Activate then Jailbreak using spirit of 9.1.1 itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
    i didn't know that.. thanks for letting me know.. i have 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 on cydia, so i guess i shouldn't worry too much.. but i figured it worked off of an algorithm or something that could be figured out from the ECID or whatever it is.
    Would be great if it was, then it could be faked.

Think of it as so, you shsh is like a certificate apple send to the phone to say 'yeh ok, flash that firmware'

So once they stop sending the certificate for a certain firmware it is unretrievable and then your apple idevice says 'blah blah i didnt get the response i wanted, will not flashy flashy'

What saurik does it save this certificate when apple still provide so when you try to flash the old version in future saurik's server provides the response the iPhone wants.
    Last edited by Will01; 2010-06-24 at 02:48 PM. Reason: MultiQuote

Thanks for posting the Umbrella software. Got me out of a recovery loop...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad