Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First time jailbreaker with a few questions (Detailed post, not a "HELP!!!!" thread)

Default First time jailbreaker with a few questions (Detailed post, not a "HELP!!!!" thread)
    Hey there, I'm not jailbroken nor have I ever been. I've been reading a lot and understand most stuff but I have a few questions...

phone details:
    Purchased in December
    Stock was 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3
    Settings > General > About > Serial starts 87749W....
    Activated through iTunes and on ATT network and iPhone plan. Don't need to unlock or activate.

1) I'm running Tiger on a PPC G4. Can I use ZiPhone to jailbreak this phone?
    2) Do I need to be worried about bootloader for any reason if I'm just jailbreaking? (Should I change it or leave it like it is?)
    3) If anything goes wrong can I for sure, 100% without question restore to factory settings. (I really really REALLY don't want to end up with a $400 phone I can't use.)

Can anyone answer even ONE of my questions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by JackTheTripper; 2008-03-18 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Want to Copy and Paste on your iPhone or Touch? Install iCopy on any device. (Doesn't require JailBreak)

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheTripper View Post
    Hey there, I'm not jailbroken nor have I ever been. I've been reading a lot and understand most stuff but I have a few questions...

phone details:
    Purchased in December
    Stock was 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3
    Settings > General > About > Serial starts 87749W....
    Activated through iTunes and on ATT network and iPhone plan. Don't need to unlock or activate.

1) I'm running Tiger on a PPC G4. Can I use ZiPhone to jailbreak this phone?
    2) Do I need to be worried about bootloader for any reason if I'm just jailbreaking? (Should I change it or leave it like it is?)
    3) If anything goes wrong can I for sure, 100% without question restore to factory settings. (I really really REALLY don't want to end up with a $400 phone I can't use.)

Can anyone answer even ONE of my questions?

Thanks.
    I am not sure if ziphone is compatible with ppc g4 tiger, but Jailbreaking wont touch the bootloader, I just did it a couple nights ago. In most cases, you can just restore and do it agian if something goes wrong. But keep in mind that there are a lot of people posting with problems using ziphone, but there are way way way more people who have done it successfully and have no reason to post "hey guys My ziphone jailbreak went awesomely". Anyways, you will be fine, just figure out if it will work with your computer set-up and give it a go.

thanks for the reply. I downloaded it and the program at least runs without griping.

So if anything goes wrong I should be able to put in DFU mode and restore? Sounds good. Thanks again for the reply.
    Want to Copy and Paste on your iPhone or Touch? Install iCopy on any device. (Doesn't require JailBreak)