Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If you upgraded from 3.1.3 Spirit to iOS4, READ THIS

Made the mistake of upgrading, now my phone won't turn on!

Now the screen is totally black!

The only thing it responds to is putting it into DFU mode and connecting to iTunes, but everytime it trys to restore it never finnishes and quotes a variety of different error codes

If any one has any ideas or can help it would be appreciated, it has been driving me mad trying to sort it out for a couple of days now!

bring it back to apple and tell them to fix it, if you still under warranty

SO not trying to be an idiot but understand. So if I JB with Spirit I am SOL or can I simply install IOS4 loss all my JB setting and install another JB? I dont care about my old data etc... Once I setup to my Exchange Server I will have it all back... Any clarification would be great.

So if I have a 3.1.3 with a 5.12 bootrom, and I upgrade to ios 4, spirit will work?

Quote Originally Posted by user76 View Post
    Made the mistake of upgrading, now my phone won't turn on!

Now the screen is totally black!

The only thing it responds to is putting it into DFU mode and connecting to iTunes, but everytime it trys to restore it never finnishes and quotes a variety of different error codes

If any one has any ideas or can help it would be appreciated, it has been driving me mad trying to sort it out for a couple of days now!

It helps A LOT if you give us info regarding your software and hardware. As it stands your post is worthless, there's nothing we can tell you that will definitely help.

Let's try this again - which iPhone do you have? What OS version did you have? How exactly did you try to restore? When exactly did your phone start acting up?

It appears that for some reason, trying to recover your backup after a restore is messing up iPhones left and right. Is this what happened, you tried to restore THEN set the fresh iPhone using your backup...?
    Last edited by MyWI User; 2010-06-24 at 10:45 AM.

Same boat as you guys! Like the fact we have our own little corner of the internet here

3GS 16gb 3.1.3 Jailbroken with Spirit. Baseband is 05.13.04, is this the same for anyone who JB'd with Spirit?

Updated to iOS 4.0, then restored from back up. Haven't done the carrier update (in all honesty, I'm not sure what this changes and not sure if it will effect future JB's so I've avoided it for the time being)

My 3G stopped working. I managed get the ability to access the internet on it again by find my carriers settings (o2 UK) and just entering the latest APN. Tried the same with MMS settings but still not working. I can live with it for now though.
    Last edited by kaepora; 2010-06-24 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added lil' more detail

Did you restore from backup?

This seems to be the culprit.

Who ever has this problem again jusT restore to ios4 but choose new device do not backup from previous saved backups.

Yeah I did restore from back up, edited my OP now ta!

Just curious - I had my phone jailbroken with blackra1n before. All was well then about 3 weeks ago it crashed, wouldn't turn on (not just because of tethered either) so I ended up restoring then re-jailbreaking with Spirit.

Between the 2 Jailbreaks I've not kept up with the JB scene and didn't really do my homework as I needed it fixed quick as I was leaving for holiday the next day.

Now I've been reading around and seen that people have been backing up SHSH Blobs on Cydia?

<facepalm>

That's concerned me a little cause as far as I know I've not done this. Would it have been the same as Rock's backup option? Or does that just keep track of jailbroken apps you've installed and re-install them for you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Rock.app backup works similar to aptbackup.

SHSH blobs only apply to 3G[S], so it depends which device u on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

kaepora (2010-06-24)

I'm on a 3GS.

From what I understand then of the SHSH blob back ups, it allows downgrading on a 3GS. As I've not got this I can't downgrade to an older back up like 3.1.2 to then JB the phone again.

I'm guessing then for the time being I'm stuck on OS 4.0 with no way of getting it re-JB'd until a jailbreak for iOS 4.0 is released.

Not the end of the world, enjoying playing with OS 4.0 but GOD I can't believe how many times I've tried to open SB settings already lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lol, SBS does that to me too!! I have seen myself swiping along a non-jailbroken phone OVER AND OVER in the hope that it either works mysteriously or im not gesturing right :P

You do know the official jailbreaks have been public for two days, right. Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 and Redsnow 0.9.5b5 both work great.

Not on a 3GS with the new bootrom though right? The guides I see all warn against it with a previous Spirit jailbreak

Just updated my iPhone 3Gs to 4.0, it put me into a nasty install bootloop. Any suggestions?

Jailbroken with spirit before, upgraded to iOS 4 now stuck and regret. Will the holy Spirit jailbreak iOS 4 with new bootrom someday? Anyone has any news or info?

P.S: Does Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 work on MAC OS only?

Snowbreze is the windows version.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWI User View Post
    It helps A LOT if you give us info regarding your software and hardware. As it stands your post is worthless, there's nothing we can tell you that will definitely help.

Let's try this again - which iPhone do you have? What OS version did you have? How exactly did you try to restore? When exactly did your phone start acting up?

It appears that for some reason, trying to recover your backup after a restore is messing up iPhones left and right. Is this what happened, you tried to restore THEN set the fresh iPhone using your backup...?
    Managed to fix it by syncing with a different computer!

Did it just in time before I picked up my iPhone 4 and managed to p/x sell it to the shop for 20 more than I paid 2 years ago on contract!

Well happy

I was running 3.1.3 Spirit before I tried upgrading to OS4 if it helps anyone else in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by roundobi View Post
    Just updated my iPhone 3Gs to 4.0, it put me into a nasty install bootloop. Any suggestions?
    Would you care to tell us which method exactly you used to update?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast