Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Restore 3.1.3 on iPhone 3GS

Default Help with Restore 3.1.3 on iPhone 3GS
    I have sold my iPhone 3GS with 3.1.3 jailbroke with Spirit on eBay. I did a wipe to get all my personal stuff off, then I was going to restore 3.1.3 and jailbreak again with Spirit before shipping.
    But I keep getting the "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" error message.

Not sure what to do and my buyer is waiting for me to ship! Should I restore iOS4 and jailbreak with ???

Help please!!!

Not sure if this makes a difference but I have saved my blobs with Saurik

Hellllloooo out there!!!!!!

Is there no one that can point me in the right direction on how to get my iPhone 3GS back to 3.1.3?

Or jailbroken on iOS4?

Everything that I find has the caveat how it won't work on iPhone 3GS with the latest bootrom and if it is not below 3.1.3!

try putting in dfu mode and then restoring it with your official 3.1.3

you sure your host file has :
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    in it?

If yeah, it should work as far as i know.

good luck

edit: i dont think you can have 4.0 jailbroken on the new bootrom yet.
    Last edited by jjustme; 2010-06-23 at 10:47 PM.

@jjustme

Thanks for the info but it still doesn't work for me. I did not have the cydia ip address in my hosts file. I searched for some info on how to edit my hosts file but what's weird is that every guide shows the hosts file in the "etc" folder. Well, mine doesn't live in the "etc" but instead in the "etc/distcc" folder. I added the line "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to it but it didn't work. So then I copied the hosts file to the "etc" folder and still no joy.

Any other ideas, anyone? Or am I doing something wrong?

Are you getting the same message?
    What fw are you trying to restore it to?