Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Game Center missing and iBooks doesn't work after redsn0w iOS4.0 3G

Default Game Center missing and iBooks doesn't work after redsn0w iOS4.0 3G
    Just jail broke and noticed my Game Center is missing and I also have the common iBooks bug too. Restoring now to verify the jailbreak took Game Center away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jslay For This Useful Post:

Gregd (2010-06-22)

def. the jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've heard game Center is having problems even on non-jb 3g phones

my understanding from across the net is Game Center was not included in the final, so those not needing a jailbreak for ios4 also dont have it. And as to ibooks, mine is messed up to. Its an across the board issue for redsn0w jailbreakers.

EDIT: Game Center wasn't going to launch right with ios4 but later this year when Steve introduced ios4 for the first time he stated this. My guesse is that Game Center is more for the ipad, and with ios4 for ipad not coming out until fall, we likely won;t see it until then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nora47 For This Useful Post:

Gregd (2010-06-22)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nora47 View Post
    my understanding from across the net is Game Center was not included in the final, so those not needing a jailbreak for ios4 also dont have it. And as to ibooks, mine is messed up to. Its an across the board issue for redsn0w jailbreakers.

EDIT: Game Center wasn't going to launch right with ios4 but later this year when Steve introduced ios4 for the first time he stated this. My guesse is that Game Center is more for the ipad, and with ios4 for ipad not coming out until fall, we likely won;t see it until then.
    Ah that clears it up. Thanks!

is iBooks working for anyone on a jailbroken version of iOS4?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    is iBooks working for anyone on a jailbroken version of iOS4?
    ibooks is not working on any current ios4 jailbreak, including the redsn0w method and the pwnagetool method. The only iphone users who have working ibooks are those that did not jailbreak. Im sure somebody is working on a fix, but for right now ibooks is not working and wont be until further notice.

Game center was not included in the final release. You only have it if you jailbroke the GM. As for iBooks, if you jailbroke ios4 using the latest pwnage tool 4.01 it should work fine. mine works fine.