Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from Spirit JB 3.1.3 => Legit iOS4?

Default Upgrade from Spirit JB 3.1.3 => Legit iOS4?
    Hi

A simple question; as the title states - will I run into any problems updating my 3GS from 3.1.3 (Jailbroken with Spirit, not unlocked) to iOS4 (Legit).

I'd like to update to the new OS to try it out etc, and since my SHSH Blobs are on file with Cydia, does this mean if I wanted to I could downgrade back to 3.1.3?

I'm basically planning on upgrading, losing my jailbreak and just using iOS4 until a jailbreak is announced.

Does that sound OK? If so, are there any special precautions I need to take? I was planning on just restoring my phone, updating iTunes, updating my phone.

Thanks. I understand there are millions of threads popping up about OS4!

I was on 3.1.3 and just straight updated iTunes then my phone, did not restore anything. I working fine right now with just a few of the jailbroken items still showing. Such as custom carrier, battery % and things like that.

Question One Problem
    I went from Spirit 3.1.3 to iOS4 on my 3G. Took a long time (I let it run overnight so I can't say exactly how long) and worked fine except for one issue. I had Five Icon Dock installed and my fifth icon was Mail.app. I'm back to four icons on the dock and Mail no longer has an icon anywhere on the SB. I can find it with Spotlight and it works properly but the icon is AWOL.
    Solved my own problem with a hard reset - should know to try that first by now. Everything else seems to work fine but definitely a lot of lag. iPhone 3G must be straining with all the new functionality.
    Last edited by jmpgray; 2010-06-22 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Figured it out

Edit to my post earlier. By just upgrading from 3.1.3 with Spirit Jailbreak I lost MMS, visual voicemail and all internet services, all I have is phone and SMS. I read that in order for it to work a full restore must be made and then set up as a new phone. I will be trying this later.

Default So, did it work?
    @gattzzz - Trying to do the same thing and wondering if setting up as a new phone worked well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gattzzz View Post
    Edit to my post earlier. By just upgrading from 3.1.3 with Spirit Jailbreak I lost MMS, visual voicemail and all internet services, all I have is phone and SMS. I read that in order for it to work a full restore must be made and then set up as a new phone. I will be trying this later.
    I've got the same problem, I had a 3GS 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit. Then I stupidly upgraded to iTunes 9.2 and to iOS4, then I lost all cellular internet services. I tried restoring my phone to a previous backup (while it was jailbroken) and it didn't work. Now I'm gonna try restoring and setting up as a new phone and see how it works.