Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 JB for 3g PLEASE HELP !!

Unhappy iOS 4 JB for 3g PLEASE HELP !!
    I Updated my iphone 3g to iOS 4 (not beta) and I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5 but it doesn't work (Unable to recognize specified IPSW) my iPhone now is jailed and locked any help PLEASE !! is there anyway to JB the OS 4 ??

You should be more patient there is no JB yet, you will have to restore to 3.1.3 or below

I can see why some people are jumping the gun as there is alot of ios4 JB info out there already and simple people are not reading carfully that there isn't a JB yet

I would say that we wont see one until the hackers have the new 4G in there hand

but some sites say that you can jb the beta version of iOS 4 by redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by emo-3amer View Post
    but some sites say that you can jb the beta version of iOS 4 by redsn0w
    Which you can but there is then no unlock if your on another carrier, dev team say its best to wait until its been done with official apple download not a beta version and it will be when then have an 4g in hand for testing and sorting any bugs etc...

umm , okay but do you know how long does it take to finish jailbreaking dev because if it's soon i can use my other cell phone

-iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 updated via iTunes on 21.06.2010
    -redsn0w 0.9.5.b5-3
    -original .ipsw file version 4 extracted from iTunes (user/AppData/....../AppleStore/iPhone....)
    this .ipsw used with redsn0w and work well

jailbreak works for me so far....

too bad that mywi still not work on iOS 4

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vinzer For This Useful Post:

emo-3amer (2010-06-22)

Quote Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
    -iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 updated via iTunes on 21.06.2010
    -redsn0w 0.9.5.b5-3
    -original .ipsw file version 4 extracted from iTunes (user/AppData/....../AppleStore/iPhone....)
    this .ipsw used with redsn0w and work well

jailbreak works for me so far....

too bad that mywi still not work on iOS 4
    Same here, I was able to jailbreak and unlock my 3G with no problems.

my Sleep\Wake Button is not working !! I don't really know why but I know that I have to wait until my iphone's battery is empty .. but the problem is that I can't keep it plugged in if I want its battery to become empty , so what should I do ??

Unhappy help plz
    hey guys i just had my mate update my JB unlocked 16gb 3g to 4.0 with itunes (what an IDIOT) and have now had to download and run redsnow but it seems to be taking forever how long did it take most of you??? i am running a mac and need my phone for work in a few hrs???