Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from iPhone OS 3.1.2 to OS 4 with blackra1n jailbreak

Question Upgrade from iPhone OS 3.1.2 to OS 4 with blackra1n jailbreak
    So - I hope I'm not posting this again and the answer is available somewhere, if so please let me know and I'll quietly be on my way..

Pretty simple - I've jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs using Geo's blackra1n and I want to upgrade to the shiny new OS 4, coming out in a bit here.

Is there any list of things that will happen to a jailbroken iPhone? Like will things still work? Will it wipe all incompatible apps? Do you have to remove the blackra1n jailbreak?

Just looking for some sort of checklist of things to know before considering OS 4.. Thanks and sorry again if I'm the 1000th person asking this.

It will wipe out your jailbroken apps. But everything else should be the same. Btw, are you using iTunes 9.2? I have a jailbroken iPod touch 2G 3.1.2 via blackra1n. Does iTunes 9.2 work fine with you? I just want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mohitd2000 View Post
    It will wipe out your jailbroken apps. But everything else should be the same. Btw, are you using iTunes 9.2? I have a jailbroken iPod touch 2G 3.1.2 via blackra1n. Does iTunes 9.2 work fine with you? I just want to know.
    Thanks for the info - So basically no need to remove the jailbreak.. Roger on the wipe!

Yes, I did install 9.2 this morning. Don't notice any problem at all. I actually had to do a blackra1n recovery since I let the battery die last night and I did it in 9.2, no problems..
    Last edited by pcnetgeek; 2010-06-21 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It just came out! Is the jailbreak for iOS 4 for Windows stable yet?

Not sure.. Did you upgrade yet?

Searching Google for a jailbreak just returns too many results. I dont know the difference

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The jailbreak for OS4 is only for 3G NOT 3GS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There's a modded pwnage tool out in the wild for the OLD bootrom 3GS that was released for the GM.

Poseidon79 Where in the wild? Also why did they make a jailbreak for 3G and not 3Gs? Sounds a bit backwards, unless I'm missing something here :/

Quote Originally Posted by pcnetgeek View Post
    So - I hope I'm not posting this again and the answer is available somewhere, if so please let me know and I'll quietly be on my way..

Pretty simple - I've jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs using Geo's blackra1n and I want to upgrade to the shiny new OS 4, coming out in a bit here.

Is there any list of things that will happen to a jailbroken iPhone? Like will things still work? Will it wipe all incompatible apps? Do you have to remove the blackra1n jailbreak?

Just looking for some sort of checklist of things to know before considering OS 4.. Thanks and sorry again if I'm the 1000th person asking this. :

I was just about to post this same question! I am also running 3.1.2, just for further clarification, by upgrading would I lose my custom theme, sms alerts, vibration patterns, sms backgrounds, etc? I want to upgrade but I've put in so much time modifying everything to my liking it would be a real shame to lose it all.

wait until an official jailbreak release comes out. i'm sure theres going to be a way to preserve all of you stuff as well as your baseband very soon. just wait a little longer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

fmora176 (2010-06-21)

thecrunked, Sounds like the best plan. Unless you plan to sit with OS 4 patiently until a stable jailbreak comes out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

I{ gonna wait just a bit longer

So its out.. the Dev-Team did it..

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/726179754/foursome-news

After reading so much, I dont even know If I can upgrade

Phone: 3Gs
    Jailbreak: blackra1n
    Version: 3.1.2(7D11)
    Model: MC135LL
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
    iBoot: 359.3