Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.0 untouched (want to JB)

Default 3GS 3.0 untouched (want to JB)
    Is there any way i can still JB this 3gs on 3.0 with the 04.26.08 baseband without updating the baseband. I'm trying to conserve the baseband as i have the rest of my phone. Only problem is Apple not signing the 3.0 SHSH anymore. So i dont know if RedSn0w will work....Any ideas?

Once i JB it, i will go complete custom from there. I just need that first initial JB without messing up the 04.26.08.

Thanks

redsn0w to jailbreak and then you can use whichever custom firmware you want while preserving your baseband at 04.26.08 http://redsn0w.com , you only need shsh's when restoring to official firmwares since custom firmwares bypass the signing process, redsn0w doesn't need the shsh because it doesn't restore anything it just patches the firmware already on the phone...good luck
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-21 at 06:00 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

l0k0 (2010-06-21)

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    redsn0w to jailbreak and then you can use whichever custom firmware you want while preserving your baseband at 04.26.08 3G unlock - official redsn0w devteam site , you only need shsh's when restoring to official firmwares since custom firmwares bypass the signing process, redsn0w doesn't need the shsh because it doesn't restore anything it just patches the firmware already on the phone...good luck
    Yes sir, worked perfect.....For some reason i was thinking that since RedSn0w asked for the official 3.0 firmware to process. That it would also ask Apple to verify the restore. But thats what i get for thinking, LoL. Anyways, once again another 3GS owned on 3.0 with 04.26.08. Now i'm going to customs on this one to avoid any later issues.....Thanks again

Thanks

No problem