Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 to 3.13

Default 3.0 to 3.13
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I need some advice.

I have an Iphone 3Gs which is Jailbroken on the original 3.0 (7A341) The model is MC133B and the firmware is 04.26.08.

I am hearing very conflicting reports as to whether sn0wbreeze will work with the model of phone I have. I think it was this site that was saying if I have an MC phone then not to touch it.

The only reason I am considering going to 3.13 is because there are a number of apps that wont work with 3.0.

So my other question is is there a way of installing the 3.13 apps on 3.0? I know on the PSP you could spoof the firmware, but I guess I would be looking for a guide to help.

I hope this wasn't too stupid a question to ask and thanks for your help.

what is the 4th and 5th digits of your serial number?
    if it is lower than 40, then there is a good possibility that you can simply download a custom FW version of 3.1.3 or even 4.0 and restore to it using itunes. when in Itunes, you would hold down 'option' when pressing restore in itunes and select the custom fw you wish to use and boom...you should be there. just use pkgbackup before you sync with itunes prior to restoring in order to save your list of cydia apps and repos.

I was able to upgrade using redsnow. Basically you upgrade to 3.1.3, but download 3.1.2 to your computer and when redsnow ask you to select what fw you are on select the 3.1.2 & and it will work.

To use those apps on 3.0 download a plist editor

1) find ipa file on your computer

2) rename it to .zip
    3) open zip file and find the info.plist - drag to desktop.
    4) open the file in plist editor - scroll to where it says minimum os x.x.x
    5) change it to your 3.0.0
    6) save file - drag back into zip file and overwrite old one
    7) rename back to ipa
    8) open it in iTunes - tell it to replace existing file
    9) sync - Done

I just restored my 3Gs last night running 3.0 with BOOTROM 4.26.08 using the snowbreeze guide, How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows and every thing went smooth. Now running 3.1.3 jailbroken and still with bootrom 4.26.08 so unlocking is still posible if needed.
    I wanted to update for the same reason and also wanted working mms befoe 4.0 came out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since you have 3.0 you have the old bootrom meaning you can use custom firmwares.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.