Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service - Need Help

Default No Service - Need Help
    I'm on iPhone 3GS 3.1.2; baseband 05.11.07, cracked using blackra1n and have never used blacksn0w

So, I am having a similar problem. I went to the US (from Canada) and kept my iPhone on airplane mode while there. Upon returning, my phone has been stuck in "No Service" mode for the past week.

My friend suggested taking the SIM out and putting it into another phone (to reactivate the SIM) and then put it back in the iPhone. This did not work.

My friend then suggested I restore it back to 3.1.2 which I just tried, but got the error message: The iPhone "xx's iPhone" could not be restore. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

I then read about doing a restore via Cydia, but alas I have this when I open up Cydia: this device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS: 3.1.3
    Alas I do not have 3.1.2 file on my computer or HD.

HELP? Thanks

just download it ;-)
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Thanks

You will only be able to restore to 3.1.3, apple has not signed 3.1.2 since around February 2nd or 3rd so there no way possible to get your 3.1.2 shsh's

So my best option is to restore to 3.1.3? And then attempt a Jailbreak?

Thanks

That will be your only option, although you will not be able to unlock after that if you need it

Well, I tried to do a full restore to 3.1.3 this week, but luck so happen iOS4.0 came out. I have done a full restore to iOS4.0, by doing this I was able to get service again for my phone. BUT when I restored some previous settings (ie load my contact list back on), my service would once again go out. So I restored it again and just re-inputted my contact list.

Question is, with the update/restore I am now on baseband 05.13.04

Is it possible for me to Jailbreak my iPhone in the current conditions. Looking at some of the 4.0 Jailbreaking methods, it requires you to be in pre iOS4.0.

Thanks