Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Used Spirit Over Already Jailbroken iPod Touch

Default Used Spirit Over Already Jailbroken iPod Touch
    Hi,

I have an 8gb iPod touch 2g with 3.1.2 firmware that I jailbreaked with blackra1n. I heard that there was a new jailbreak out that was unthethered (spirit) so I decided to try that on my iPod. I made a stupid mistake of running spirit without resetting my ipod first and now the iPod is stuck on the connect to itunes screen and it won't allow me to restore my ipod to 3.1.2, 3.2.3 or 2.1.1. One of the errors I'm receiving is error 20. Is there anything I can do to fix my ipod?
    Last edited by Liminality; 2010-06-19 at 08:39 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just run the jailbreak again on it if youre on the connect to iTunes screen.

If that doesnt work, did you try to put it in DFU mode first then attempt the restore?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should be able to shift-restore. Use a firmware downloaded from this site: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

If it still doesn't work, try doing it from DFU mode, as Annie said.

DFU mode is where I hold the home button then connect the ipod to the computer, correct? When I try this, itunes freezes with the "the connected ipod is in recovery mode button" screen and I can't click anything.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

plug your phone into your computer. Make sure you turn your phone off now. Afterwards, hold power and home button for 10 seconds then release the power button. Continue to hold home until the screen goes black but do not release until your computer makes a sound, indicating phone is in DFU mode. iTunes should detect phone in dfu mode and will prompt you to restore. Do so.

When I do that, I get "The ipod 'ipod" could not be restored. Error Code (20)".

Edit: I found out I was doing the DFU method wrong, but now I'm getting error code 1601.
    Last edited by Liminality; 2010-06-20 at 03:50 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Remove and reinstall iTunes 9 (not the newest one just in case, which is 9.2).

Put phone in DFU mode again but thru a different USB port.

Attempt restore again. Try both a standard restore and if that fails, try the shift+restore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Liminality (2010-06-20)

Thanks, Anniex423. That solved my problem.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Great!