Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messed up my iPhone 3G..HELP

Unhappy Messed up my iPhone 3G..HELP
    Here's the deal.bought an iPhone 3G in the U.S last year.Got it unlocked(i guess) cuz it was working fine in here in the Caribbean(Antigua).Tried to update to new software version(3.1.3 I think)using old iTunes version.Problem: phone got locked.took it to local technician who was able to restore to original settings.however iPhone is now an iPod cuz Im totally unable to make calls.The phone feature is totally disabled.not getting any signal from mobile carrier. What do I do to get my phone working again.please help!!

when you upgraded to official 3.1.3 your unlock was lost,your baseband got updated which is not un-lockable at the moment.Wait until new OS 4.0 is released on 21-st hopefully jailbreak and unlock method will be released as well
    Last edited by rumcajs; 2010-06-19 at 08:00 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

boodabear (2010-06-19)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ouch yup the update made you lose your unlock. In the future please do alot of research as this cat and mouse game apple likes to play takes alot of turns

Thanks

If your phone has the 5.8 bootloader you can use fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband for an unlock, it's worth a shot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (2010-06-19)

Thanks guys!..I'm not at all computer savvy so guess I should not have messed with it in the first place! Gonna wait for the update..hopefully you guys will be able to talk me thru getting my phone restored!

Thanks

Use f0rcast to see which bootloader you have, if it's the 5.8 bootloader just install fuzzyband from Cydia and let it do it's thing